Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just installed it; seems pretty cool so far, but I haven't used it much. A ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

howdini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EBDAC5

Consensus on Opera Mini 4 beta?

Advertisement

Just installed it; seems pretty cool so far, but I haven't used it much. A cursor! Yay! One of the things I was waiting for!

What do my Stackers think?

benison_123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Consensus on Opera Mini 4 beta?

I also love the cursor and the fact that i can see the whole page... i can't wait to see what other functions they implement before the release...

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Too slow at the moment; they need to speed this thing up!

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I still cannot get it to work, I downloaded it and when it goes through the initial set up to the network it gives me an error message. My TCP and emulation settings are correct, but still cannot get it to work. I've asked for help in a few threads and haven't gotten any resolutions so far...so I have no idea how it actually works and if it's better than the older version (which btw gives me the same error message as well).

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9
    Quote Originally Posted by benison_123
    I also love the cursor and the fact that i can see the whole page... i can't wait to see what other functions they implement before the release...
    does seem a bit sluggish sometimes, but its great for those sites that don't render well on the BB browser. One thing I wish it had before the final release is the ability to type in a box without having to open and edit it and to automatically out the . Before the com just by hitting space

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by ram100987
    does seem a bit sluggish sometimes, but its great for those sites that don't render well on the BB browser. One thing I wish it had before the final release is the ability to type in a box without having to open and edit it and to automatically out the . Before the com just by hitting space
    completely agree its just one extra step that you dont need.

adelina no está en línea Stack level 2

I like it for some of the sites I check. but it's so slow that I haven't really used it much when I just want to quickly look something up.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

I like it, I would not Buy it, but for free it is sweet
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

benison_123 no está en línea Stack level 2

mine actually goes faster than the bb browser the cingular browser and the opera vs 3.1 i do agree however that not having to open up a seperate window to type in the fields would be nice...it handles many sites that i just flat out wasn't able to open up using the other browser as well.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

ALL opera products SUCK big time
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

bsteenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Consensus on Opera Mini 4 beta?

I prefer Opera over the BB browser. The preview pane is fantastic. Need to work on the text-box entry though, would like t obe able to type directly into the box.
    My Opera seems much faster than the BB browser.
    One nag, how do i create favourites from a link in a webpage?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Cool browser...bugs here and there but it is the beta. Seems more power hungry as my battery seems to drain faster while using it. But it is a great improvement over the bb browser as i can actually see the entire website and click with the cursor where I want to go. Just hope they implement flash.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Unfortuanately, there is nothing with either browser that makes me use it exclusively, Some pages load better on opera, though almost everything loads very nicely on BBBrowser. The big thing is I rarely have any complaint about the BB browser anyway.

So for the Opera Mini 4, it's good, but slow and the font size is way too big for a mobile device. The overview mode is awesome for any site that you are familiar with, otherwise I am just zooming back and forth around the page to find what I am looking for. The overview mode is a little too far zoomed out, and the normal is a little too far zoomed in.

Picture quality is often terrible, the resizing they do is pretty bad, even with the quality option turned on I'm not impressed. I can really see how this would help peope with per-usage data plans, or low-resolution screens, but most of us aren't in that boat. This is all the more reason why they need a Blackberry specific version. Trying to make a version that works great on any device just means that it can't necessarily be awesome on any single device.

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

Works pretty good for me too, just with the others with having to go to another screen to input info! If they fixed that, it would make opera GREAT! Its not much faster than BB browser or opera 3.1, I just like that it has the option to see full screen and it will open some sites that BB browser won't! ~via BB Pearl(wap.pinstack.com)~

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i use opera and bb browser about the same. it's nice to have 2 options just in case one doesn't laod a site and the other does. it's by far not perfect, but it does the job for now.

until firefox does something for the BB!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast