Hi, sometimes (unfortunately quite often...) is something weird going on with my connection: When I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Retago no está en línea Stack level 1

Connection 'lost' while I should have full connection to the network...

Advertisement

Hi,

sometimes (unfortunately quite often...) is something weird going on with my connection: When I have full reception there is sometimes a single arrow over the network reception indicator. This arrow stays there quite long (over an hour) or untill I turn wireless off and than on again. During the time this arrow is there, there is some kind of activity (so when I put the blackberry next to a radio or something like that you can hear that typical 'handy connection sound') but I'm totally unreachable... :x

Well... how shall I say it... this sucks!

I would really be glad if someone could help me or has any tips or suggestions.
    Thanks!

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Connection 'lost' while I should have full connection to the network...

It's possible your Service Provider is congested and even though you have full connection, no one can reach you because your provider is so overwhelmed. Maybe you should contact your Service Provider?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Retago, Welcome to PinStack.

There are several possible causes for this, tower Congestion being one of them, but it also could be something in your BB that is causing it. Do you have any push services installed on your BB? One thing that might help would be to try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) when this happens.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Retago no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies.

And congestion shouldn't be the problem as I have this exactly since I have the BB and there wasn't anything similar ever with my Nokia before.
    At the moment I have no push mail services or even only a data option. So when I turn the Data Services in the Network options on there is the message 'Data connection refused' but as the problem also occures when I turn the Data Services off I don't think this is the problem...
    Well and I will try a cold reboot when it happens the next time. If the problem is than still there I will also contact my provider but I doubt that I get something useful there :P
    ... so if you have some more ideas or tips I would be happy if you let me know.