Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do any of you get an error when connecting your BB via USB that reads ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Connecting via USB

Advertisement

Do any of you get an error when connecting your BB via USB that reads as follows (not verbatim):

Your USB port is not supplying enough power to charge efficiently. Check your connection and drivers.....

I'm using a USB cable that is meant for a 3.5 floppy drive. Do you think that is causing the problem. Haven't had a chance to bring in the supplied cable and connect through that to troubleshoot.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Connecting via USB

Always.. The only cable I don't get this with is the one to my remote control it seems to have a power supply on the physical cable

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    Always.. The only cable I don't get this with is the one to my remote control it seems to have a power supply on the physical cable
    Along with that message, the BB is able to connect. But, since its my first time connecting, its asking to verify applications. I'm stuck on that pop up message for minutes. That verification is preventing me from making an actual connection with desktop manager. I'm trying to download the new OS.

Could the cable just not be meant for a real connection between the compuater and the BB? I was able to make a connection with the SLVR.....

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i used to get this message when connecting to my laptop and the power adaptor to the laptop was not connected

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i used to get this message when connecting to my laptop and the power adaptor to the laptop was not connected
    Its connected because I use a laptop station at work.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

it has nothing to do with the connection to the laptop/pc, or whatever else. It has to come from a powered usb supply which the cable that came with the phone isn't. Like I said, I use the one to my remote control cause it has a built in power supply. If you would like I will take a picture of it when I get home to show you what it is that I am talking about.

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    it has nothing to do with the connection to the laptop/pc, or whatever else. It has to come from a powered usb supply which the cable that came with the phone isn't. Like I said, I use the one to my remote control cause it has a built in power supply. If you would like I will take a picture of it when I get home to show you what it is that I am talking about.
    Ok, what about the verfying applications problem. Its not getting past that so that I can access my BB via laptop. Its being a silly goose.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

It Does That When The Pc Is In Stand By Or Hibernate When It Is In Power Safe Mode. WHEN The Pc Is In Full Power MODE, It Switchs Back To 5.5 Volts And Therefor There Is Power To Charge Any Device That Can ChargeD Via Usb PORT
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

I think the issue is that unless you've installed the BB drivers on your machine there's something about how the USB port "speaks" to the device such that it's not supplying power to the Blackberry (or at least the BB doesn't think it's getting power). As an example, my laptop has the 4.2 desktop software installed (and of course the BB drivers). When I plug in my 8100, it prompts me for the password to use mass storage (because I have a micro SD card installed), and the battery power icon changes to indicate that it's charging. However, if I plug into a different laptop with the same cable, it produce the error message noted above. This rules out the cable as being the issue. I think you'll find that if you install the desktop manager on the computer that you may have more success getting it to charge.
    David

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by dkozinn
    I think the issue is that unless you've installed the BB drivers on your machine there's something about how the USB port "speaks" to the device such that it's not supplying power to the Blackberry (or at least the BB doesn't think it's getting power). As an example, my laptop has the 4.2 desktop software installed (and of course the BB drivers). When I plug in my 8100, it prompts me for the password to use mass storage (because I have a micro SD card installed), and the battery power icon changes to indicate that it's charging. However, if I plug into a different laptop with the same cable, it produce the error message noted above. This rules out the cable as being the issue. I think you'll find that if you install the desktop manager on the computer that you may have more success getting it to charge.
    I got it to stop saying that the USB current is not sufficient. But not connecting. Its getting stuck on the application verification. I did notice that the BB once showed a connection to a computer dialog. But that quickly disappeared. My laptop is connected to a hub that allows it to connect to a laptop. Could this be the problem?

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

If you haven't done so already, I'd reboot your laptop. It could be that the drivers need a reboot to work correctly. I'd also connect the USB cable directly to the laptop (I'm not sure if you're talking about an ethernet hub, a USB hub, or some kind of docking station) to try to eliminate any problems that might be caused by something other than the laptop itself.
    David

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by dkozinn
    If you haven't done so already, I'd reboot your laptop. It could be that the drivers need a reboot to work correctly. I'd also connect the USB cable directly to the laptop (I'm not sure if you're talking about an ethernet hub, a USB hub, or some kind of docking station) to try to eliminate any problems that might be caused by something other than the laptop itself.
    The docking station was the problem. Now, I've got another. The computer shut down during the OS install. While it was backing up and clearing my BB. Now, the BB won't turn on at all and won't connect.

*Angry*

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

trace no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a macbook pro, a bb pearl and have just downloaded pocketmac for blackberry, each time i connect usb to machine and phone i get the "usb charging current is not sufficient". my power source is set to normal and machine is fully charged. i had thought it may have to do with the fact that i did not allow my battery to charge 100% when i first got it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Trace, are you connecting to your macbook while it is running on batteries? If so, it may be throttling your USB Charging current. Or If you are using a USB Hub. I'm not familiar with the Macbook, so I can't really offer any more suggestions.It really doesn't matter about not fully charging the first time. That would not cause this problem.

Oh, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast