Hello, I have a microSD card installed in my 8100 and it seems that everything ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

Configure programs to install to microSD?

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a microSD card installed in my 8100 and it seems that everything is still installing (application wise) to the phone memory. The balckberry installed a directory structure to the card for media and the like - but seems nothing for applications. I thought it was just a setting but after fumbling to find it - I am asking. Is there anyway to make the programs install to the microsd by default? I just can't seem to find out how to do this in the pearl. After i presume switching storage location, will i need to uninstall and re-install applications?

Thanks for all the help!!

John

raven1a no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Configure programs to install to microSD?

This has been addressed in several other threads in this forum. The microSD cards for the Pearl can only be used for media storage. Applications cannot be installed on the microSD memory.

Sorry.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

that would explain why I did not find it - I was excluding most of the media related posts because I just assumed you could do it. Sorry to post a dumb question.

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jkrums
    that would explain why I did not find it - I was excluding most of the media related posts because I just assumed you could do it. Sorry to post a dumb question.
    Not a dumb question at all -- RIM is behind all the other developers (Moto, Nokia, etc.) in that those devices with SD cards *can* have apps/games installed onto them. Of course it depends which model of what, but in general most of their SD-based phones allow it. The Pearl is late to the game.

I think a lot of folks have the same problem initially, you expect to be able to install apps/games onto the SD card and get annoyed that you can't. Another tick mark in my little black book of RIM negatives compared to other devices (right next to craptastic PDF viewing and their b.s. "must have windows driver to charge" usb charging).