Hey guys, I got a Pearl for Christmas and was trying to compose an SMS ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Composing SMS: IllegalArgumentException?

Advertisement

Hey guys, I got a Pearl for Christmas and was trying to compose an SMS but am met with the following error:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException
    I can view SMS' no problem, but trying to compose a new one or replying to an existing one doesn't work. How can I fix this problem? Thanks!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Hey,
    Im not exactly sure what the problem is, but I think if you try calling TMO or whoever your service provider is they will be able to help you. Of course you'd have to be on hold for a while lol, but hey its worth it

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Composing SMS: IllegalArgumentException?

Just a follow-up on this... it was my SIM card... sort of.

As it turns out, there was just a "weird quirk" with my SIM card that didn't allow it to work with 2 of 3 Pearls that I tried, although my friend's SIM card worked in all three. My SIM didn't work in the first, so I exchanged it, and then didn't work in the second, so I went to Rogers to troubleshoot it and while there, I stuck it in their store Pearl and it worked. Long story short, I got a brand new SIM and all is well.