Well I finally almost have it down: Full 240x260 videos in xPlayer without any black ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Just2good4u3434 no está en línea Stack level 2

Complete Fullscreen Video...Almost

Advertisement

Well I finally almost have it down: Full 240x260 videos in xPlayer without any black bars, or player controls.

The video is viewed horizontally, so you have to turn the phone sideways.

The only problem is I can't get the audio to sync! I was hoping someone on here could help me with my problem. I will post my entire procedure so you can go through it and see where I have made my mistake.

The only program you need for all steps of this process is Virtualdub (it can be downloaded for free just use Google).

This guide has worked for me except the audio is NOT IN SYNC when the file is played in xPlayer, but the audio IS IN SYNC when played on my computer. Can you please try this guide and tell me your results and if it is working for you?

Step 1: Video Prep
    Open Virtualdub. Click on File>Open video file. Browse to the video and open it.

Step 2: Video Manipulation
    Click on Video>Filters
    Click on Add
    Scroll down and select Rotate
    Select Left by 90 or Right by 90 depending on which way you want to view the video
    Click on Add again
    Select Resize

(The next few steps can be modified to your liking: these are the steps I used)
    For the Aspect Ratio option select Disable
    Type 240x260 in the Absolute(pixels) box
    Select Ok and select Ok again to return to the main window

Go to Video>Compression
    (The next steps can also be modified depending on what video codecs you have. I am using Xvid codecs that can be downloaded for free, search on Google)
    Select Xvid MPEG-4 Codec
    Click Configure
    (I have been expirimenting with different codecs, maybe here in lies my problem?)
    For the target bitrate type 517, or any value you feel is correct.
    Select Ok, then Ok again

Step 3: Audio Compression
    Now go to Audio>Full Processing Mode
    Then select Audio>Compression
    Select MPEG Layer-3 on the left side
    Select a suitable value on the right side. I use 24kBits/s, 16,000Hz, Stereo
    Select Ok

Step 4: Creating New Video
    Select File>Save as AVI and save the new file
    A status window will show up. The process should take no longer than 15 minutes, but this depends on your processor's power.
    When the conversion is done, add the files to your SD card and open it up in xPlayer.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    cool, great info. thanks for posting the settings, let us know if you get the full screen going. that would make a lot of stackers happy
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Speedslayer no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey! i followed you procedures and i had the same issues as you full screes runs perfectly but the audio is corresponding to as well as it should. lwt us know if figure it out.

You probably already know this, but after doing a couple of test i've come to realize that the while paying the video on the Pearl the audio starts off first then the vidoe after about a sec or two. so if someone is able to figure out the relation between the two then we could probably tweak the audio to start after acouple of seconds or add a little a blank audio so even if it starts first then the blank spot would play first and the actuall audio will sound right when the video starts.

Thanks Speedslayer for trying out the guide.

I think it has something to do with the message about the type of audio used in the AVI video that shows up when you first open the video.

If anyone has any video encoding experience or Virtualdub experience your help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try to post on some video forums and research the problem...but today is Friday, so I'll get to it on Monday.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I've converted ALL my videos, and the play full-screen perfectly

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why do u disable the Aspect Ratio when resizing the Video? To keep it correct, you have to select "Same as source".

If you want to make it perfect and fullscreen, you can zoom in (crop the left and the right of the source video) so that the final video will fill the complete screen while keeping the original AR.

And when you rotate the Video 90°, the new height is 260 pixel! The width is calculated from the original AR.

For the async glitch ... try CBR Audio, or vary the samplerate.
    Last edited by ViSit0R; 03-29-2008 at 08:34 AM.

BB4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    I've converted ALL my videos, and the play full-screen perfectly
    Mind sharing how you did this?

And to Visitor: I don't mind having my videos a little skewed...it's just my personal preference, and I've caught on to the CBR audio thing and I'm trying a new method. Thanks for your help.

i tried to conver a video and it worked fine the first couple of times but then later on when i click on save as avi a dialog box comes up

cannot start video compression:

An unkown error occured (may be currupt data)
    (error code -100)
    can someone help me out here.

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Just curious, I got a few realplayer video files. Is it possible for me to convert these files through this process?

Since I haven't tried the process yet (need to go to library first), is it also possible to save the video withOUT audio since i'm deaf? Could saves on memory in my microsd card and let me add several movies at a time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod can't open RealMedia Video, but MediaCoder does.

Disable Audio in VirtualDub: Audio - No Audio
    in MediaCoder: go the Audio Tab at the bottom left and uncheck "Enable Audio"

BB4Ever

Finally got it sorted out. Thanks Visitor for giving me the idea to use MediaCoder. Its a pretty straight forward and easy to use program.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Sorry I missed your question to me Just2good423434!!

I used the Super C Video Converter, it worked perfectly for me, but since they've updated the program...its seems more of a hit or miss!!

You can also used Keepvid.com to save videos as FLV files, then you use Super C to convert them into AVI, worked great for me!!

But I've got all the videos I want on my phone already, and they all play Full-Screen, it's pretty sweet!!

Thanks for the response beeshabo. I've also been experiencing problems with Super. The videos just never seem to come out the way I want.

I think that MediaCoder is a GREAT program. It's a cleaned up, easy to use version of Virtualdub with virtually all the same features.

cutsdbz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Lightbulb Converting video files to play fullscreen on xplayer

I found a software that can convert video files to full screen for the 8100. you dont even have to rotate the video and yurn your phone side ways to get it. it >Power Media Convertor< all you have to do is change the vidoe ratio and screen aspec to the one that the phone has.....

the only draw back, if your pc does not have a processor over 1.6ghz with 1gig mem, if you do back convertion the audio will be out of sync.