Okay, I transferred from nextel to tmobile and got the pearl 8100. I'm a complete ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Complete beginner. Need help on several questions.

Advertisement

Okay, I transferred from nextel to tmobile and got the pearl 8100. I'm a complete noob at this. I have the unlimited texting/picture messaging/im, etc plan and also the internet/e-mail plan i guess.

Don't know if i'm missing it or not but I'm disappointed that there's no DETAILED instruction manual that comes with the box. There's a manual that explains very basic stuff.

I have A LOT of questions.

How do I adjust the volume of the ring? At the home screen, when I push the up/down buttons on the right side, there's no display showing the volume or whatever.

My phone seems to be on vibrate. I think it's on mute or whatever. My active profile is set to ring loud but it's vibrating when I receive calls.

I want to chat with AIM, so I downloaded Ramble IM. I try to login and it says, "Invalid Connection String: Open tunnel - failure". How do I fix this?

For Rumble IM, how do I delete it? I go to my desktop manager and in the application loader, there's an add button and a remove button. the Remove button stays gray (unclickable) when I select Rumble IM. What's wrong?

I know the pearl has a feature that auto adjusts the screen brightness depending on how bright is around you. How do I keep it on full bright? I honestly have a hard time seeing the screen in dim light.

any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: Complete beginner. Need help on several questions.

~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you miss this?

Comprehensive Blackberry Pearl 8100 Guide

Quote Originally Posted by rdills
    ~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you miss this?

Comprehensive Blackberry Pearl 8100 Guide
    So what is this for? Complete noob here... don't expect me to ANYTHING at all.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Best bet is to read through this guide and it should answer your many questions:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...100_guide.html

You will probably discover some new things too
    Good luck! Welcome to the Stacks!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

i've read the Comprehensive guide. There's no info about my questions.

skario87 no está en línea Stack level 2

read that guide (pretty much a manual and then some) but I'll give you quick answers to your questions:

How do I adjust the volume of the ring? At the home screen, when I push the up/down buttons on the right side, there's no display showing the volume or whatever.

Well those buttons on the right side only apply if you are in the middle of a phone call (you can adjust volume during the middle of a call) otherwise the only way to adjust volume is at home screen, click the volume button (or within in the menu profiles). Scroll down to the bottom and click advanced. Click the active profile you are in (i.e. loud) and then you can edit every option (sms text, phone, etc)

My phone seems to be on vibrate. I think it's on mute or whatever. My active profile is set to ring loud but it's vibrating when I receive calls.

is your berry in a holster? by default when it is in the holster it will first vibrate and then ring otherwise if not, follow the steps I stated above and then change to ring only

I want to chat with AIM, so I downloaded Ramble IM. I try to login and it says, "Invalid Connection String: Open tunnel - failure". How do I fix this?

I myself have not used ramble but most likely its your tcp setting in which case this depends on what carrier you have you'll have to change the settings to work and will need a data plan

For Rumble IM, how do I delete it? I go to my desktop manager and in the application loader, there's an add button and a remove button. the Remove button stays gray (unclickable) when I select Rumble IM. What's wrong?

Try deleting it on the berry itself (options--advanced options--select ramble and delete)

I know the pearl has a feature that auto adjusts the screen brightness depending on how bright is around you. How do I keep it on full bright? I honestly have a hard time seeing the screen in dim light.

not too sure on this one I mean I know it auto adjusts so you cannot control that (to my knowledge) but only put it too 100% brightness (options--screen/keyboard--make adjustments)

hope this helped but like rdills said, you should read the guide...I myself only had my berry for a lil over a week now and learned so much by reading before asking questions (not criticizing you but just saying for future reference)

o and welcome to the stacker forums (best knowledge on bb's ever )

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Try this FAQ too, its a great one:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

thanks for the info... especially skario.

Just a note... I have read the comprehensive guide, and I have read the Mini FAQ common issues guide.

For the Ramble IM, I got it to delete through the phone.

I also noticed my Browser program disappeared from the list. What happened to it?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

See #13 in the 8100 FAQ, this step will restore your browser.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide