Trying to talk my wife into getting a Pearl. She wants a 'smart phone' so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Complaints?

Advertisement

Trying to talk my wife into getting a Pearl.

She wants a 'smart phone' so she can access the web and all that good stuff but she has read some 'negative' reviews on the Pearl from Amazon.com and various websites. I'm telling her if she's getting a smartphone to NOT get a windows mobile device like the T-Mobile wing, which is what she 'wants' to get since she hasn't read good stuff about the pearl.

I just want to hear (read) all the positive stuff about the pearl from you guys and any 'complaints' you have about it.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Smile Re: Complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by germy
    Trying to talk my wife into getting a Pearl.

She wants a 'smart phone' so she can access the web and all that good stuff but she has read some 'negative' reviews on the Pearl from Amazon.com and various websites. I'm telling her if she's getting a smartphone to NOT get a windows mobile device like the T-Mobile wing, which is what she 'wants' to get since she hasn't read good stuff about the pearl.

I just want to hear (read) all the positive stuff about the pearl from you guys and any 'complaints' you have about it.

I had Pocket Pc's and was very disappointed with it. The BB is defenitely better
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Re: Complaints?

Specifically the Pearl though. I know BB's are way better; just wondering if there is anything specific about the Pearl.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

umm its too reliable, shuretype is kinda faster then full qwerty for me, so i do end up spending much more on sms, too many free useful aplications to install, push mail is annoying, getting emails all the time instantly is just so terrible, its way to light and portable, too pretty, camera is only 1.2 MP but for some reason seems so much better. Well there is only one real complaint i have on it, the battery door isnt to stable and i just place a 50 c guitar pick under it to make it stay on perfectly, dont get me wron it doesent fall off left and right, just a little to easy to take off.
    EDIT: poket PC crash so much, why would anyone even think of getting something so bad, its like paying 500$ for an ipod shuffle instead of getting 80 GB ipod for same price, just makes so little scence.
    EDIT2: From waht i know most or all poket pc do not have OS upgrde, so if there is a bug, you live with it.
    Last edited by GeneKam; 07-01-2007 at 04:31 AM.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Well, the only thing I'll have to complain ist that the Trackball died after six months of heavy use. Can't wait till TMO will replace the unit next week...

But thats the only thing

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

the pearl is the way to go i had a mda didnt like it much but my pearl i have done almost everything to it and still like it