I was on Audible site, but hey did not list the RIM devices. I thought ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Compatible Content from Audible and Itunes?

Advertisement

I was on Audible site, but hey did not list the RIM devices. I thought from years ago their content was in mp3 format, but that was a while ago.
    In addition what content on Itunes is compatible with the 8130? Audio and video. Havent downloaded the Itunes software yet.
    Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Compatible Content from Audible and Itunes?

i dont use either - but i dont think anything on itunes will work on a bb out of the box so to speak.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not if they're DRM tracks. There's a way to strip that but I can't talk about it. use google

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    I was on Audible site, but hey did not list the RIM devices. I thought from years ago their content was in mp3 format, but that was a while ago.
    In addition what content on Itunes is compatible with the 8130? Audio and video. Havent downloaded the Itunes software yet.
    Thanks
    Itunes is designed to be compatible with Ipod. You cannot purchase music/video from there and have it work on your blackberry. If you read through the Multimedia forum, you will find lots of ideas/instructions on getting music and video on your Pearl.

Good luck!

thanks all. Ive been converting form dtm and using prior mp4 files to the bb ok. I swear when I first opened media manager there was a gp3(or whatever) conversion choice, but I cant find it anymore for some reason.

valb626 no está en línea Stack level 2

I was on Audible site, but hey did not list the RIM devices.
    Thanks
    Audible is in the processing of developing their audibleair app for the 8130 Pearl. I've had good luck with the beta versions I've tried so far in side-transferring books from my PC onto my media card via Roxio MM (slowly...). The player is coming along. I've also had luck with OTA downloads of the most recent issues of my subscriptions when I'm in a location with a strong signal (which is, unfortunately, not at home), but haven't been away from home long enough to test the OTA DLs for books from my online audible library. Couldn't predict when it may be ready for prime time, but it's just lovely that audible is working so hard on making this available. Even if the problems with OTA book downloads over VZW are never solved, I'd still be a happy camper just being able to use the player on my 8130 and continuing to use MM to transfer books from my PC to the BB. The player requires the books to be audible's highest quality format (4), which is what I used for my iPods anyway.

I'm able to play my purchased iTunes music via the mediaplayer on my BB 8130 without conversion or having to strip the DRM. I've also side-transferred those via MM to my media card.

Thanks all for the input. Wonder how the drm thing manages to work on teh 8130?

valb626 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks all for the input. Wonder how the drm thing manages to work on teh 8130?
    Stuka, I lied. I can't play m4p files on the 8130. m4a, yes, but not m4p's.

NOt familiar with the ipod and its file extensions. Are m4p's drm and m4a not?? LOng time ago I decided to do all my music as mp3's since I dont do a lot of music, just some old favorites archived.
    Thanks