Yesterday, all of a sudden my reciever no longer works. I am unable to hear ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

romefalls86 no está en línea Stack level 2

Common problem or what?

Advertisement

Yesterday, all of a sudden my reciever no longer works. I am unable to hear the other person I am calling but they can hear me. If I turn it on speaker phone then everything is fine. Is there a way I can fix this problem or is it a common problem?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Common problem or what?

Unfortunately it is a common problem. It's a Hardware issue, if you're still under warranty call your carrier and get a new phone.

Sorry for the bad luck.

Phone was giving as a gift and I don't have the reciept...Is there any other way to find out if I'm under warranty?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Take it back where they bought it and tell them your problem

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by romefalls86 View Post
    Phone was giving as a gift and I don't have the reciept...Is there any other way to find out if I'm under warranty?
    A couple of things you can try to get it back but if it is a hardware issue none of them will actually fix it. I have run across the issue purely being a software issue and i think it is a problem with the 4.2 OS but i digress.

1) Take the wired ear piece and plug it in. Pull the battery with the phone on, unplug, boot up. If it does not work try the steps in a different order. I have run into this fixing the issue about 10% of the time.

2) Go through the process of reloading the OS on the device. THIS thread will help you with the process and you can get the OS from HERE. This has fixed the issue about 30% of the time. Hope it helps

I tried the reloading the operating system last night with no recovery. I'm kind of hoping they can trace my phone pin number or seriel number and tell when it was purchased. I don't mind paying $50 to have a new phone or a fixed phone. What i do have a problem with is paying another $250 for the phone. Which I would not be doing

Quote Originally Posted by romefalls86 View Post
    I tried the reloading the operating system last night with no recovery. I'm kind of hoping they can trace my phone pin number or seriel number and tell when it was purchased. I don't mind paying $50 to have a new phone or a fixed phone. What i do have a problem with is paying another $250 for the phone. Which I would not be doing
    Tmo would try and verify the warranty by the imei on the back of the phone. Problem is that the warranty does not transfer from person to person, and unless you get a complete dope on the phone they will not exchange it. You can call TMO up and ask them for RIM client support number for a repair and return. Not sure what the price is but on something like this i can't see them charging a lot.

julie957chtx no está en línea Stack level 1

sorry know ist not the right thred but i need help please i was trying to free up space on my 8100 and deleted english by mistake i havent reset yet was trying to find out how 2 get it back.... please help me

mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by julie957chtx View Post
    sorry know ist not the right thred but i need help please i was trying to free up space on my 8100 and deleted english by mistake i havent reset yet was trying to find out how 2 get it back.... please help me
    If you have a backup on your device manager on your PC, maybe you can try to restore it. If that doesn't work, you can probably try to reload and/or update your Operating System.

I think the links from Eddie's post will help.

2) Go through the process of reloading the OS on the device. THIS thread will help you with the process and you can get the OS from HERE.

good luck!

edit - I see you got help in another thread...sweet
    Last edited by mlin13; 11-13-2007 at 07:52 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the base language on the BB is English. Even if you delete the English UK you will be fine.I have all languages deleted from the device and still run in English.hope it helps.