i've had colorpearl (the free one) for a while and just started using the trial ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

Colorpearl+pearlalerts=problem?

Advertisement

i've had colorpearl(the free one) for a while and just started using the trial of pearl alerts today. i want to buy it but ive found one problem that i cant seem to get around. when i had both the pearl/led light up. i would get the alert for something. and everything would be ok. but when i hit a button to turn the backlight on, the pearl light will go off all together or sometimes show the original white w/ no colors at all.. then i turned off the pearl notification and just used the led, and same problem-- anyone experienced this and/or have suggestions?

also, how long does this trial last for?(so i can hurry up and figure this out)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Colorpearl+pearlalerts=problem?

I don't think pearl alerts is very stable, also when you have to apps trying to access the same functions you're going to run into conflicts.

You might want to try Blackberry Alerts...the 1.49 version. It's alot better than the pearl alerts. Also it doesn't conflict with your color pearl app.

PIN/ID
    PM Me

Ill give it a try, thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM Me

ok, ive been messing with it. it does not do what the previous one did. but im having problems. first i have cingular w/ .101- the colors were not doing what i wanted them to... messed with it a bit and i found out that the program thinks the phone is doing something else(i.e. i get the voicemail color for sms text, PIN doesnt even have a color, just the red. maybe i have the wrong setting somewhere, but i wouldnt consider myself to be an idiot w/ phones. so if anyone can help i would appreciate it, i would love to be able to use this app

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I can help you in a little bit eric...I'm updating my OS right now.

PIN/ID
    PM Me

alright man, thanks a lot. just write what you can for now, im hittin the bed cause i just got in from out of town a few hours ago and im WORE OUT