I was wondering if anyone knew how to color the entire pearls led and not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Direravemaster no está en línea Stack level 1

Question coloring entire pearl led?

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone knew how to color the entire pearls led and not just the roller.I want to change the color of the keypad. Can it be sharpied? I've seen a pic on this but on blackberry forums i saw a bunch of pictures and a long tutorial but the pictures links are broken and I was wondernig if anyone could please tell me how to change the color of the led on the roller AND on the keypad. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Direravemaster; 05-13-2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: more information added

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well it invloves disassembling your phone. but I would put a piece of tape over the LED then color the tape so your not stuck with it if you dont like it.

I posted a pic halfway down the page.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=53072

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well the roller actually has 4 LED's surrounding it that cause it to change all the different colors. The LED under the keypad is just one color, so it cant be changed unless you were to replace the LED or somehow put a color filter over it. I dont think either of these are very practical so youre best bet is to just stick to white!

Direravemaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Well the roller actually has 4 LED's surrounding it that cause it to change all the different colors. The LED under the keypad is just one color, so it cant be changed unless you were to replace the LED or somehow put a color filter over it. I dont think either of these are very practical so youre best bet is to just stick to white!
    When you say it isn't very practical would it still be considered safe? I was thinking of putting some light tape over it and color the tape like the person above you did. I wanted to know if this will still make the color appear like that.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    It would work, but you have to take the keypad assembly off and find the LED. You should be able to color a piece of tape and put over it like Jeff said. i have done it with the LED under the trackball on my 8300. It was ok, but nearly as bright as colorpearl on my wifes 8100.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Keep in mind disassembling your pearl voids the warranty, if you're still under one that is.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    Keep in mind disassembling your pearl voids the warranty, if you're still under one that is.

Very good Info!! always forget to remind peepz it voids the warrenty