I had the application color pearl for the 8100 but am looking for the one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tjsgal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24238EE4

color pearl for 8130

Advertisement

I had the application color pearl for the 8100 but am looking for the one for the 8130. Can anyone send me in the right direction? Thanks

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29

Re: color pearl for 8130

I don't believe it can be done... from what I read only the 8100 has the ability to do it.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I've heard this also, but I don't understand why they wouldn't make the 8130 with color leds under the trackball like the 8100.
    ~Lauren

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

You can always literally color the white led that makes the trackball white. I have done it with the 8100 before color pearl cam out. There are tutorials around that show you how to do it and it really isn't that hard. Of course I am saying that because I have done it so many times. I'll see if I can find you that link.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl? View Post
    You can always literally color the white led that makes the trackball white. I have done it with the 8100 before color pearl cam out. There are tutorials around that show you how to do it and it really isn't that hard. Of course I am saying that because I have done it so many times. I'll see if I can find you that link.

Remember do this at your own risk, because it will void the warranty of the BB.
    ~Lauren

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

The 8100 is the only one with colored leds. There's been a lot of speculation over why they.were put in the 8100 but I'm not really sure nor have I heard a good reason why. I'm sure this will be something that RIM will look at in future builds because its been very popular.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

The best way to color a track ball without voiding the warrenty is to take some clear tape and stick it to the LED the take your favorite color sharpe and put a few dots on the tape. The darker the better. I left myself some extra tape so i could grab it later and pull it of. Dont not take apart your phone!! Pop the silver ring off and the track ball falls out. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Side note,
    the LED is only on when the autodim function tells it to. you can turn autodim off in the SCREEN/KEYBOARD setting.

tjsgal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24238EE4

ok thanks so much guys! I really appreciate all the responses from this post! This is why I love pinstack!

AuburnChick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3132029C

Don't Do That Crap!!

If you want colored LED indicators then I recommend you download BlackBerry Alerts or e-Mobile Phone Alert does both LED and trackball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WAR EAGLE!! QUE PSI!!