got my hands on one for my gf for xmas, wanted to personalize it for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sorrys2cliche no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Color pearl app for the 8220?

Advertisement

got my hands on one for my gf for xmas, wanted to personalize it for her before she opens it, anyone know if you can use the color pearl app for the original pearl for the new flip?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Wont work.
    The only reason the Pearl had that app is because there was colored LEDs under the trackball. The 8220 doesnt have any.
    Sorry.

ps: someone correct me if im wrong.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think you are correct, and if I am not mistaking the only pearl it worked with was the 8100. I don't believe that the 8110 and such had the three LEDs either.

Disclaimer: I may be mistaken as well.

FahCore no está en línea Stack level 2
    Read somewhere online u can take out trackball and insert a small piece of colored celephane(sp) under it to change trackball color without it effecting the trackball itself.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Wont work.
    The only reason the Pearl had that app is because there was colored LEDs under the trackball. The 8220 doesnt have any.
    Sorry.

ps: someone correct me if im wrong.
    You are correct buddy, the 8100 is the only blackberry that has colored LED, no other pearl (8110, 8120, 8130, 8220) has them. I see people get confiused by that coz its "colorpearl"....u can always open it up and color the LEDs by urself
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

nikolimot no está en línea Stack level 1

Really

Quote Originally Posted by FahCore View Post
    Read somewhere online u can take out trackball and insert a small piece of colored celephane(sp) under it to change trackball color without it effecting the trackball itself.
    Colored cellophane!?! Really, dude... REALLY?

freegurl no está en línea Stack level 1

color pearl

You are correct that the color pearl app for 8100 will not work, however i have seen apps for the 8220 on a few sites. THe app is around $7 dollars. But it is possible.

eleung321 no está en línea Stack level 3
    color cellaphane idk if it will work. cause first of all how you gonna pop the trackball ring out? i did it on a 8120 before it works great but for the 8220 dont think its as easy.. or possible. might have to take apart the entire phone.
    as for the app i never seen it.
    could just be BS.