Results 1 to 12 of 12

i have the bb pearl...dm 4.2...everytime i try to put color pearl on my bb ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    lil_choppa's Avatar
    lil_choppa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6

    Color Pearl and app loader

    Advertisement



    i have the bb pearl...dm 4.2...everytime i try to put color pearl on my bb it says "no additional applications designed for your device were found" what am i doing wrong...i really would like this application

  2. #2
    japowell03's Avatar
    japowell03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    I have only found color pearl as an ota install wich means you will need to install from your phone instead of dm. Dm needs a .alx file to do its thing.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #3
    lil_choppa's Avatar
    lil_choppa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Quote Originally Posted by japowell03
    I have only found color pearl as an ota install wich means you will need to install from your phone instead of dm. Dm needs a .alx file to do its thing.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    i dont have internet on my phone...why would they make a zip file for color pearl if it wont work through dm

  4. #4
    harm_dzines's Avatar
    harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    395

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    did you unzip the zip files?
    ____________________________
    8100 Black, 8100 White, 8320 Titanium, 9700 Bold2, htc myTouch & iPhone 3GS

  5. #5
    lil_choppa's Avatar
    lil_choppa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines
    did you unzip the zip files?
    yes i did...color pearl .alx

  6. #6
    GaryF's Avatar
    GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Depends on what you are doing...you must:
    1. Download the zip file to your desktop
    2. Extract all files
    3. Connect your phone to your desktop
    4. Launch Desktop Manager
    5. Launch Application Loader
    6. Press "Add"
    7. Browse to the .alx file you extracted.

    Note that ColorPearl does not put a icon on your phones homescreen. You must launch it under OPTIONS.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist
    The Shark Tank

  7. #7
    lil_choppa's Avatar
    lil_choppa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF
    Depends on what you are doing...you must:
    1. Download the zip file to your desktop
    2. Extract all files
    3. Connect your phone to your desktop
    4. Launch Desktop Manager
    5. Launch Application Loader
    6. Press "Add"
    7. Browse to the .alx file you extracted.

    Note that ColorPearl does not put a icon on your phones homescreen. You must launch it under OPTIONS.
    i have done all of the above...this shouldnt be this hard to do and yet i still get this msg "no additional applications designed for your device were found"

  8. #8
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    There's a little glitch that happens sometimes. Move the file to some where else then try again. Or make sure its not loaded already. Look through the app loader and check.

  9. #9
    lil_choppa's Avatar
    lil_choppa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    There's a little glitch that happens sometimes. Move the file to some where else then try again. Or make sure its not loaded already. Look through the app loader and check.
    go figure...the simplest thing works...thanks alot i appreciate it

  10. #10
    harm_dzines's Avatar
    harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    395

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_choppa
    go figure...the simplest thing works...thanks alot i appreciate it
    Dont you hate that!!!
    ____________________________
    8100 Black, 8100 White, 8320 Titanium, 9700 Bold2, htc myTouch & iPhone 3GS

  11. #11
    japowell03's Avatar
    japowell03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Sorry apparently I mis spoke and there is a .alx version for use with dm. Glad you got it going

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  12. #12
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Color Pearl and app loader

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_choppa
    go figure...the simplest thing works...thanks alot i appreciate it
    Anytime

    Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •