Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Color me confused. Why do you need to install ColorPearl if all you are doing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Color me confused. Why do you need to install ColorPearl if all you are doing is making a homemade version with electrical tape over an LED?

red_5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Because I AM using ColorPearl, it just turns on all the LEDs, so I cover a select one with tape and now my trackball is pink! ColorPearl is just part of the solution here.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by red_5 View Post
    Because I AM using ColorPearl, it just turns on all the LEDs, so I cover a select one with tape and now my trackball is pink! ColorPearl is just part of the solution here.
    I see. I didn't realize that all the LEDs didn't turn on normally. I thought that they all turned on to create a "white" pearl under default operational use. My mistake.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I want it but not this badly, nice trick, if you don't care for all the mess.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Actually it's not too bad. I just covered up my white LED so it wouldn't screw up the color and it's not to messy if you know what you're doing. :-)

freshnode no está en línea Stack level 2
    I"m sure eventually someone will release an updated version of color pearl
    BlackBerry News, Reviews, & Updates - BerryReporter.com

Same. But until then, I'll just stick with pink.

Hey, wouldn't opening the colorpearl jar file in the Blackberry JDE or whatever allow us to modify it?

dours no está en línea Stack level 2
    wow. you're definitely desperate for a colored trackball. Even as a new crackberry addict I wouldn't try this. Might I suggest patiently waiting. Someone with programming knowledge will surely create a newer version eventually.

Good News! I googled Colorpearl 4.5 and was able to find a link to a poll on blackberry forums by a user named rgeorge. As I am only a level 1 i am unable to post the link.

The guy is taking an interest poll in creating a colorpearl app for 4.5. He says enough interest and he may be able to make the app. Perhaps if we all go vote yes, we'll see the app in the near future. Hopefully. Maybe.

If interested it is on Blackberry Forums in the general 8100 series discussion forum. The users name is rgeorge.
    Last edited by dours; 08-26-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added additional comment

Fancy.Face no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dours View Post
    wow. you're definitely desperate for a colored trackball. Even as a new crackberry addict I wouldn't try this. Might I suggest patiently waiting. Someone with programming knowledge will surely create a newer version eventually.

Good News! I googled Colorpearl 4.5 and was able to find a link to a poll on blackberry forums by a user named rgeorge. As I am only a level 1 i am unable to post the link.

The guy is taking an interest poll in creating a colorpearl app for 4.5. He says enough interest and he may be able to make the app. Perhaps if we all go vote yes, we'll see the app in the near future. Hopefully. Maybe.

If interested it is on Blackberry Forums in the general 8100 series discussion forum. The users name is rgeorge.

you should definetly check it out.....i would post the link but since its a beta app i don't want to break any rules
    Last edited by Fancy.Face; 09-05-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12