NEW YORK (AP) -- Those who don't mind carrying a paperweight already have plenty of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

CNN: Review: BlackBerry Pearl Light And Lovely

Advertisement

NEW YORK (AP) -- Those who don't mind carrying a paperweight already have plenty of options for "smart" phones that do more than just make calls. The rest of us are stuck with a sad compromise between size and function.

Say what you will about the new BlackBerry Pearl, and some undoubtedly will complain of cramped keyboards and other tradeoffs. Its creator, Research In Motion Ltd., has taken a truly gutsy stab at designing a tiny mobile device that can do it all.

The Pearl, named for its glowing navigational trackball, is the first BlackBerry geared more fully toward consumers. It's the first with a digital camera and a slot for a MicroSD mini-disc to store songs, photos and video games -- the sort of recreational functions that RIM has stoically deemed nonessential or even counterproductive for the corporate user market.

Original Online Story

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: CNN: Review: BlackBerry Pearl Light And Lovely

This phone is selling better than the Razr when it came out, from what I've heard. That's impressive...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: CNN: Review: Blackberry Pearl Light And Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    This phone is selling better than the Razr when it came out, from what I've heard. That's impressive...
    I showed it last night to some people and they all said they were canceling their Sprint accounts and getting the 8100. They were all Treo users.

They were shocked by T-Mobile's $20 monthly unlimited data/web plan. One person said she was paying some ridiculous amount for limited data use. She said that it was worth paying Sprint's $150 early cancellation fee so to save money with T-Mobile.

When they put my 8100 next to their Treos, they were saddened at how huge their little devices looked next to mine.

Of course, I was beaming inside at all the chortling and expressions of envy.

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, my wife and I are terming both our Cingular contracts because 1) Cingular has gotten so big to the point where they don't care one bit about their customers. Look at how they neuter blackberry services? They don't care. 2) Cost. It is about $20 more per person at Cingular. 3) I have to have a seperate bill to get reimbursed for my cell phone (up to $100 a month) so I had to split off from her.

So, even if I just cancelled mine, she'd be stuck in a plan for two phones, we figured in only a few months we can recoup the cost of her early term with plan savings and my company reimbursing.

I'm very happy with T-mobile and my 8100 so far. It's the first Blackberry that I've considered. I always loved what they did, but the size was too much for me as I refuse to have a belt holster. It fits in my pocket perfectly, so it's the perfect blend of both worlds.

bellaa2020 no está en línea Stack level 1

I love the Pearl!!.. it's so sofisticated, and just right for what i need it for.

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

The 8100 & any other BB devices have a lot ,ore 2 offer than the Razor. & TM is the very best in my book. I've been w/them 4 quite some time now & i'm very pleased w/their service.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!