Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

[FONT=Verdana]what is MEncoder? why should this be a concern?[/FONT]... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Re: Clone DVD Mobile will now encode DVD straight to Pearl

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]what is MEncoder? why should this be a concern?[/FONT]

CivilE no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Yclif
    [FONT=Verdana]what is MEncoder? why should this be a concern?[/FONT]
    It's not a concern. MEncoder is a FREE program that alot of people use to convert video for the 8100. Some people don't like it because of the comand promt.

There is mention of it here

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There are a few gui interfaces that use MEncoder. In the video thread, I learned about Super (c), BlackBerry Video Generator ($15-20), BlackBerry Video Converter, and others. All of them are derivatives of MEncoder.

The point of even starting this thread was that a program I used to make DVD's into a single file before I then processed that file through one of those other programs to watch a movie on my Pearl now would process that same DVD straight into a format for my Pearl without again having to process it again. (that was a long sentence)

Yes, it's a gui front end of a free command line program and the developers of that interface want (gasp) money for their trouble.

And.....

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

It's $$ vs. ease of use. Use the command prompt and it's free. Or you can download and use three programs. Or you can pay $39 for a single-app solution. The choice is yours.

For me, I went for the $39 solution. It's just one dinner for two; no big deal. Since then I've made five movies into the Pearl without a glitch. I feel great.

I'm sure there are a lot of stackers who prefer the "under the hood" approach of MEncoder and it's command prompt interface. That's was Pinstack seems to be all about. I was already using CloneDVD Mobile as my first step anyway. Now it's my only step.

Do I feel bad that it's not a command line interface? Nope.

I really don't want to waste a Saturday afternoon playing with parameters and going through trial and errors just to get the darn
    Spider-Man 2 onto the Pearl so I can take a long drive. Time to take for CloneDVD Mobile: 20 minutes.

sbhasker no está en línea Stack level 1

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for the original post. I just go the BB Pearl and LOVE the phone - my first BB and I was trying to put video on it and spent about 6-8 hours trying to get Media Studio for the Blackberry to work - install, uninstall, clean disk, try another disk, rinse repeat - very frustrating.

I just downloaded CloneDVD mobile and it worked perfectly first time - no problems. I should have checked with this forum last night.

Again, thank you for the post. I'm happy to spend the $$ for a very easy gui and thank the original poster of this thread!

One quick question - Is the audio mono or stereo and if mono is there a way to have CloneDVD mobile record/convert DVD with stereo audio? (I barely know what I'm talking about here :-) )

Happy BBing!
    Shanda

Of course, you'll need stereo headphones in order to hear stereo. The Pearl itself only comes with one speaker and a single earpiece. Regular stereo headphones won't work without an adaptor. There needs to be an additional ring on the plug for the microphone. Turns out a Sidekick3 headset I got my hands on works (left is right and right is left interestingly enough).

But, the fast answer is yes, CloneDVD Mobile encodes in stereo.

sbhasker no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the answer :-) I did know about the stereo headphones, but not much more :-) Blackberry has a set of stereo headphones they say are optimized for the Blackberry Pearl and 8700. Evidently they are "designed to cut out wind and background noise to ensure great sound" and the "headset features an easy-to-use control button, so you can answer, end or mute phone calls and pause or play music, all with a single touch." I'll probably give them a try unless someone else has recommendations for another good set.

Thank again!

Shanda

I have a Plantronics and it works great -- also with wind cancelation and single button for calls and play/pause media. CloneDVD encodes in stereo... sound quality is pretty good when used with the headphones (Spider-Man sounds awesome).

walker852 no está en línea Stack level 1

ok, Ive used clone dvd mobile to put a movie on my pearl. what I did was, plug my pearl into the laptop via the usb cable, then I started the clone dvd mobile program configuration to put on my pearl thinking while it was "doing it's thing" it was putting it on my BB. Well, when it got thru, and the clone program said it was "successful", I could not find it on my pearl. I just put a 1GB memory card in my BB. What am I doing wrong, and please help me to figure out how to do it correctly!! Please help!!
    Im new to this...just got my pearl for Christmas.

You need to set the destination folder, otherwise, I have no idea where CloneDVD put the file. You need to specify the blackberry\Video folder on the microSD card.

I usually just put to file on my PC (document\My Video) and then just drag and drop to the Pearl's media card.

walker852 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, I have done a dvd with clone mobile. I am getting nothing but audio, no video. After it finishes, the program on the computer gives me only audio. I dragged and dropped to my pearl, and it does not even give audio. It shows an .avi on the pearls memory card but no audio or video on it apparently. Please help. I dont know what im doing wrong. Dont see how there's anything I did wrong, but obviously I did. Please help

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

Where can you get CloneDVD?

wwilson no está en línea Stack level 1

Why not just use the BB video converter at seabyrdtech.com? Its free and its easy to use. I rip DVD's for my pearl with no problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast