Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For Jsimms243, I can't reply to your PM because I only have 3 posts and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fdecker no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Clone DVD Mobile will now encode DVD straight to Pearl

Advertisement

For Jsimms243,

I can't reply to your PM because I only have 3 posts and need 18 apparently :-)

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Clone DVD Mobile. Only that latest version has the Blackberry Pearl Profile.

2. When you run the software, choose Blackberry Pearl from the first screen. Then, just a series of click 'next' and not messing with any other setting.

3. I'm not sure on going directly to the Pearl from Clone DVD. I've always found transfers much faster by removing my SD card and using it via the card reader over the USB cable directly to the Pearl.

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks fdecker, its nice to hear someone else having success with CloneDVD Mobile. I didn't like hearing that other people haven't had the same seamless experience I've had.

As far as writing straight to the Pearl, whenever I plug it in with the USB cable, the Pearl will ask if you want to turn on "Mass Storage Mode". When you say yes, the media card in the Pearl shows up as a drive on the computer. I NEVER take the media card out. Give it a try.

It really does take 30-45 minutes for a feature length film to load straight through to the Pearl just by making the target folder the Video folder on the new drive.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

so I have downloaded the CloneDVD mobile. How are you guys getting around the copy protection?

I get "Copy Protection Error - the read failed because the sector is encrypted" for every attempt. I tried 4 DVDs already! Help! :cry:

They have another software on Slysoft.com called AnyDVD which works in the background of the computer to look past the copy protection on DVD's. Sorry to not have mentioned it. It's got a 21 day trial as well.

I guess I figured that everyone already came up with his/her own solution to copy protection.

air4ce1 no está en línea Stack level 2

What!? So you have to buy both programs to the tune of $100 to get a DVD to your Pearl? Wow!

PIN/ID
    2051259D

so should i go back and download AnyDVD? and would it have the Blackberry profile option?

AnyDVD runs in the background, making it possible to work with copy protected DVD's. It doesn't encode so much as it helps to decode. Ya know, I hardly think it's the only solution out there, as I haven't heard many stackers rail against copy protection (maybe we ned a new thread).

I'm sorry for the cost. Other than using the software, I have nothng to do with Slysoft.com. They update their software regularly, and users with paid licenses get unlimited free updates. So I'll always have the newest version.

Anyway, I just checked, it looks like $68 for both programs, not free or cheap, but not $100.

The video thread here covers a few free options for encoding video, but not much is discussed about copy protection. So, again, maybe we need a new thread.
    Last edited by hpmcdonald; 01-03-2007 at 11:32 PM.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

I do think it's a rip-off that you have to buy both programs, but I think there's legality issue if they package the copy-protection stuff with Clone DVD. Another way is to use something like DVDDecripter or DVDShrink to rip the DVD to hard-drive first. It's a two-step process but will save you a few bucks.

fdecker no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, it is true, there are many other "cheaper" ways to go. It really comes down to how much time you want to devote to the process. If you use or want to use alot of movie playing on your Pearl, then there is currently no other faster, easier way with the smallest file size than the slysoft products (Clone DVD Mobile and AnyDVD).

BTW, I'm not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with that company. Just sharing information in hopes of saving other people all the hours I spent at first trying to rip, encode, split, etc. video to get it to work with my Pearl.

PIN/ID
    2051259D

does your Clone DVDmobile ever stop midway through? I've done 2 DVD already that just stoped half way through. it says its a DVD issue (dirty DVD) but Its a brand Clean.

I've done a Three's company DVD however and it uploaded the episodes perfectly.

Maybe the length of the file is an issue?

First off, I, too, have no affilliation with Slysoft.com other than using their products.

I use 2 PC's -an hp desktop and an hp laptop. The laptop is about a year or so newer than the desktop. For some reason, the laptop isn't always able to read all the way through some DVD's with ANY program (DVD Decrypter, CloneDVD Mobile, even Windows Media Center). Sometimes my laptop won't even see some DVD's, but have no problem with most others. I kinda blame my drive, since I can take the "bad" discs to my desktop and I have no problem at all.

I think my problem is a combination of copy protection and a driver issue for my disc drive. Since I can accomplish what I want to with my other computer I haven't stressed about it.

I mean no insult, but could there be a similar driver issue for you, or perhaps the drive needs to be cleaned (it seemed to help me a little bit with one DVD I had a little trouble with)

I've received some PM's from a couple of people who have mistaken Slysoft's CloneDVD for CloneDVD Mobile.

CloneDVD does just that - It'll help make another DVD disc of a movie.

The Program I'm using for my Pearl is CloneDVD Mobile. It is designed to encode DVD's for mobile devices like Creative Lab's Zen Video W, Video ipod's, and mobile smart phones like the Pearl.

I hope that clears things up for some of you.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

DVD43 is a good free copyright removal software. Also, I've been using CloneDVD Mobile and its worked great. No issues. Excellent Quality. I haven't had a Video file over 128megs yet. I'm currently rocking Anchorman and Old School.

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

I downloaded the trail version of CloneDVD Mobile and it works absolutly great. Video quality and file size are very reasonable. To offer a little feedback to others who may repeat my mistake, I was having difficulty at first. I was using CloneDVD (not mobile version). I was unaware that they were two different programs. I assumed CloneDVD (not mobile) was the correct program since it has a "smart phone" encryption option. After messages a couple guys on here I figured out I was USING THE WRONG PROGRAM! Don't repeat my mistake... props to this program, flawless.

CivilE no está en línea Stack level 1

I was checking out the product and thought that this line was interesting...

CloneDVD mobile is powered by MEncoder, the well-engineered open source project. More information about MEncoder can be found at www.mplayerhq.hu.

:cheers:

CivilE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast