Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I already put a note in the video thread for this, but I figured not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

Clone DVD Mobile will now encode DVD straight to Pearl

Advertisement

I already put a note in the video thread for this, but I figured not everyone looks in the video thread. I've been using Slysoft.com's CloneDVD Mobile since I got my Pearl in October. I used it to join the .vob files into a single file which I would then send through another program to encode it for the Pearl.

Slysoft.com has just included support for the Pearl, so I can go straight from the DVD to the Pearl, without even putting a temporary file on my PC.
    It's not free (or even cheap), but so far it's the only thing I've found that can do "push one button" encoding for my Pearl.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    wow thanks for the heads up too bad I gave my pearl to my brother, guess i'll have to wait for the 8800

Re: Clone DVD Mobile will now encode DVD straight to Pearl

I've had a few days to play with this, and I gotta say it's the perfect way to put your movies from DVD to your Pearl. It may be a little faster to output the file to the computer first and then transfer it to the Blackberry, but I like sending it straight through to my Pearl.

I just put Young Frankenstein on it in 29 minutes. And the video looks great in perfect aspect ratio. This is the only movie that I've encoded where I can't get the color quite right. Any Suggestions?? (just kidding about the color)

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the tip. I went ahead... the quality was great at the highest bitrate and acceptable at the default bitrate. That's the best quality encoding so far, and very simple to use. Now I just wish there is an all-in-one application out there. Right now I have use different programs for DVDs,
    avis, mpegs, Tivo, etc.

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2

Media Studio is a brand new program designed for the 8100 and costs $34.95. It supposedly will convert DVD movies so that they are small enough to fit approximately 6 or 7 movies on a 1GB card. Thats better than just having one movie! They have a free download (and I've tried it already) but it only allows you to test 3-minutes of the movie. I liked how extremely easy it is to use but I'm holding off on buying due to the price right now.

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

Media Studio? I have been searching for more info on them but couldn't find anything. Anyone got a link?

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

what version of clone dvd to mobile supports the pearl?

air4ce1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Clone DVD Mobile will now encode DVD straight to Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    I bought this program and have converted 4 DVDs already. Not a SINGLE one will play on my pearl. I've tried to email makayma for help and they will not answer. Buy at your own risk. If anyone has successfully used this, please let me know. There aren't many settings to mess with so I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. The converted video will play just fine on my PC ... but I get an error on the Pearl when trying to play it after transferring it to my 1GB micro. Very frustrating indeed!!

fdecker no está en línea Stack level 1

I've used Clone DVD Mobile for a while with my PDA. Now that they've added the Pearl Profile, it's even better. Perfect quality, speed, and size every time with just a few clicks.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Just get CloneDVD Mobile - it's $39 and the video comes out perfect every time (small and sharp). E.g. for my Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD, Super produced a 420MB file. With CloneDVD Mobile, it's 250MB with great video/sound quality.

air4ce1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Here's the reply I finally got from [FONT=Arial]Makayama on why none of the DVDs I converted will play on the Pearl. What say you Stackers ... am I being fed a line here or what. Sounds like other options play just fine on the Pearl regardless of length??? Would have been nice to know this before I shelled out $35!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Dear customer,

Sorry for the late reply due to the holidays.

You may have noticed that the Blackberry Pearl's video player is flawed in
    many respects, for example it doesn't play full screen video, it takes a
    very limited number of video formats, it doesn't react very well to
    trackball commands, etc. But one of the worst bugs is that it sometimes has
    difficulty playing videos which are longer than an hour. This is ofcourse a
    problem when you want to watch feature films on the Pearl. Unfortunately,
    this bug is in the Blackberry video player itself, not in our software, so
    we can't solve it, RIM has to fix this.

However, we're trying to provide a different solution so that our customers
    can keep using the Pearl for longer movies. We're working on an update of
    Media Studio for Blackberry that will divide a DVD into 20-minute chapters,
    and then convert those, so that the Pearl should play them flawlessly. This
    update will be available in the coming weeks.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]We apologise for the inconvenience and will notify you when the updated
    version 1.1 is available for the Pearl.

best regards,[/FONT]

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I have heard a couple of people remark on the Video thread that some encoding parameters (ipod video settings I think) are limited to 1 hour, but I've never heard anyone say that it was a glitch in the device!! Sounds like this media studio program was developed by lazy excuse makers.

So far I have had no problems at all since Slysoft.com's CloneDVD Mobile added a Pearl setting. It takes about 30 minutes to put a full length feature from the DVD to your Pearl.

Maybe your experience has been an expensive lesson for you, but a great warning for the rest of us. Get CloneDVD Mobile and you shouldn't have any problems. They have a 21 day full version trial period, so see if that 1 hour limit is true.

invaders no está en línea Stack level 1

I had nothing but trouble with Clone DVD Mobile. It gets subtitles wrong, it hangs, or crashes. Besides, it's just a front-end for Mencoder, a free commandline tool. So you're only paying for their interface shell.

I switched to the Makayama software and it works flawlessly. Even on longer movies. I agree with the previous poster that the Pearl video player is a mess. Having a fullscreen option should be high priority now.

fdecker no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm not sure why you would want subtitles on a tiny Pearl screen?

It's a shame you've had trouble with Clone DVD Mobile though. I've used it over and over again without a single hitch.

It just seems a waste of time and space to use software that creates a file size 2X that over Clone DVD Mobile.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast