Hi, I recently bought a BB pearl 8100 and joined this awesome site. After using ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sammae01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Clock resetting by itself?

Advertisement

Hi, I recently bought a BB pearl 8100 and joined this awesome site. After using my pearl for a couple days, I found a Iphone theme that I liked and DLed it and installed on it using DM and have been using it for about a week. Within that week, the clock has reset itself to Dublin, London Time Zone while I live in The Pacific time. Anyone else have this problem with any themes they've DLed? Is it the Theme I've downloaded or phone itself?

Thanks in advanced

tyayo14020 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have had that happen a few timjes with a brand new blackberry, both brand new ones i had did that to me when i put anything on it a theme or prog...then it stopped after awhile annoying huh?

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    well, what do you have it set to as far as to time updating? option> date and time> and look for the source of where it is getting the time. set it to get the time of the network.

this means that it will grab the time from the closest tower set it as its own. so you always have the correct date and time... if that doesnt work i would try wiping the device and restoring it using your most recent back up...

hope that helps

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    What are your clock settings? Go to Options > Date/Time. If you change it back to your time zone, does it just go back to another time zone? Try turning off the Date/time source and setting the clock yourself and see if it stays.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Under Options>Date/Time is it set to network? If it is set to get that info from the network that would be very strange for it to change like that.

I change themes and add/remove apps daily and never had that happen. Weird!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha so I'm a little slow on this lazy Sunday afternoon!!!!!lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had a similar prob. Turned out to be a check box in DM's 'sync' option that concerns updating time. Since unchecked, no prob. Seems there were a couple different places that had to be unchecked, so you might wish to take a careful look at all DM options (in the menu area, as well).

Hth...!!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but that check mark for updating the devices time when connected applies to the time on your computer. so if your device syncs off the network and your comp on microsofts time and they are different then you can run into problems there

The times between device & PC were the same. TMO then referred me to RIM, and the rep told me to uncheck the box. It worked.

You can do as you are fit.

Are = see. lol