First off, just wanted to say, I love this place, and I love how friendly ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xomargiemariexo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Clean up???

Advertisement

First off, just wanted to say, I love this place, and I love how friendly and helpful everyone is! Thanks for that!

Just a quick ?

I used to have Windows Mobile, and I had to go in often to the "Task Manager" and end the programs running in the background and clear some memory. My friend who worked for VZ and has a BB says you don't have to do that, but I think I remember reading somewhere in a thread about this...?

Or does a simple battery pull once a week do this??

Thanks for the info!

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Be sure you select "Close" when you exit a program - that will quit the program and keep it from running in the background which will eat up memory and sometimes battery life.

Otherwise, a battery pull every now and then will also correct the problem and free up some memory.

So, yes, a battery pull every once in a while would be a good thing and that's what many of us do on a regular basis.

PS> Welcome to the Stacks!

xomargiemariexo no está en línea Stack level 1

:)

Thank You!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Battery pull is good and if you are browsing go into options cache and clear history there as well that will give you back memory also, welcome to the stacks

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    there is a application you can download for free-soft reset-at geekandproud, that accomplishes the same thing as a battery pull without the hassle. especially if you have a cover on your phone

Joanna87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Easiest way to go about it, hold ALT and then hit LGLG then hit your Blackberry button( left of the ball) and select clear log. its kinda like a task manager but it makes sure your blackberry is running smoothly.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you're just looking to close open apps you can hold the shift key and press the back button it will bring up a list of what's currently running!!