i want to get a dash until my "phone guy" can get me a good ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Cingular workers?

Advertisement

i want to get a dash until my "phone guy" can get me a good price on the curve. i called Cingular to see is they would give me an unlock code so i can use the dash on cingy service. i was told that it wasn't supported. If i pay someone to unlock the phone will it work on Cingular service? i was under the impression that they had to unlock the phone.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Cingular workers?

Cingular is required to unlock phones they sell for their customers. The Dash is a T-Mobile exclusive device. Theoretically if you get the unit unlocked it will work fine on Cingular but you have to get the data settings updated so you can use the internet and send picture messages.

Zo.

PIN/ID

How would I get the data settings updated?

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

on cingular u want to get unlimited data for a pda which is 39.99 as far as getting the device unlocked that is t-mobile's job

perlguy9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Cingular is required to unlock phones they sell for their customers. The Dash is a T-Mobile exclusive device. Theoretically if you get the unit unlocked it will work fine on Cingular but you have to get the data settings updated so you can use the internet and send picture messages.

Zo.
    So you're saying I should be able to call at&t and they will unlock my Curve?

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

t-mo will unlock any phone you purchase from them........ask them yo unlock the dash for you.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Yes perl, you should be able to get your curve unlocked. Kwy, T-Mobile may not unlock the dash if you are not a customer, it all depends on the rep that takes the call from what I have heard from others.

As for the data settings, not sure if they can be manually modified like on an unlocked OEM phone once the Dash is unlocked. You might try Cingular/at&t and see if they have the settings to be able to send them for OTA programming (although in my experience they are less than helpful usually when involving an unlocked non-OEM phone). If the settings can be modified, you will probably want to get them from an 8125 since an 8525 is a 3g phone and may have different settings than the 8125. Once the settings are programmed into the phone you can add the data plan and actually be able to use it.

Zo

PIN/ID

OK....lol....that's all too much trouble....LOL....I will just wait a few weeks till i get my curve.