Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i got the t-mo plan. works great. but cingular has better signal.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xpsych07x no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EB3735

Re: Cingular vs. T-Mobile

Advertisement

i got the t-mo plan. works great. but cingular has better signal.

DOCRAY no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok 99 % of the world will tell you that the cinguliar version is
    ugly compared with the Blackberry version (they made the thing in three
    years and cingi took 10 minutes to screw it up). I owned both and
    its a fact. Put them side by side and look at them, CASE CLOSED.

Now people say that the cingila feels better in their handa then the
    origional Version, and having owned both I say " they have misplaced their
    CRACKPIPE". Stupid. Moronic. OK. OK BB put a piece of Lead in the Cingi
    phone to make it more SUBSTANTIAL, WHAT THE F. GET REAL.

If Tmo, which is a lot cheaper, doesnt have good signal in your area
    you need to do whatever you need to do.

kdstegh no está en línea Stack level 2

wow, some of you guys are taking exception to the feedback. I appreciate all of it.

I was primarily asking about the difference between the 2 units, not the services. I know enough about the two companies (and where to find the differenciating information) to determine which service is better for my area, but not having seen the TMO version of the 8100, I'm not aware of any software / setting differences that may exist. That is what I was digging for.

Thank again to everyone that has offered opinions!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by kdstegh
    I was primarily asking about the difference between the 2 units, not the services. I know enough about the two companies (and where to find the differenciating information) to determine which service is better for my area, but not having seen the TMO version of the 8100, I'm not aware of any software / setting differences that may exist. That is what I was digging for.
    Greetings kdstegh,

I forgot to Welcome you in my earlier post, So Welcome to the Forum!

I never take the stance the one is better than the other. I remain open minded and continually educate myself as to the differences. After all, the pace of development in the tech sector is at warp speed.

After having experiences previously with the various Treo's, a Moto-Q and a Blackjack, I finally switched to BlackBerry. I'm glad that it just happened in that order because each of those were ok, but no where near the level of excellence that I have experienced from the three new BlackBerry's I have owned and used over the last 4 months.

I appreciate the superiority of the BlackBerry Platform, and only know this after the other experiences, for example the windows mobile platform is yet to be fully sorted out. I experienced very slow performance when multitasking, or when on the web. Periodically the device would hang or freeze or even crash. Sometimes I would be right in the middle of an important email and lose it all due to the system freeze issue. Same with the Palm os on the Treo's and Symbian Nokia. Only the Symbian OS in the Nokia did not freeze or crash. It was however, very slow and frustrating to use.

Because I felt that after those experiences the only way I was going to find the right BlackBerry for me was to get one of each size, and form factor. Then test and use them for awhile to see which one fit my needs the best. It's been and very interesting experience. There are (obviously) noticeable differences between the 8700c, 7130c, and 8100 Peal . However the one common aspect of all three is they are all very reliable, fast, and stable. A completely different experience that the other brands and OS's.

So the way I see it, if you have found a carrier that has the coverage you need, then that carriers BlackBerry will also work for you. The only reason I feel that the one exception may be the Pearl models (between carriers like T-Mobile and Cingular) is that it's a brand new form factor and brand new product from RIM. Newer smaller device, smaller keyboard, which is differently constructed and it has a newer version of the BlackBerry OS that has been enhanced with new features to accomodate the phone and the camera.

Since the very first of this new model was debuted by T-Mobile, BlackBerry collected all the owner feedback that was available as they typically do, and then made some small changes to the model that was brought to Cingular. So I'm not saying that one is better than the other. Just different and possibly benefitting from the incremental improvements.

I'm just looking at from a business & manufacturing standpoint. RIM did not get to where they are today without making continuing rolling changes and improvements that most manufacturers do without informing the public. Any brand new device (or product) no matter how well tested in the labs, always developes bugs and little issues once in the hands of the users, both corporate & public consumers. So the good manufacturers like RIM make continual small internal changes in the weak areas.

Another example is how RIM continues to offer upgrades to the OS's of the exisiting models as they indentify issues and fixes.

I know that in my real world experience, my first Pearl from T-Mobile had issues with the smoothness and accuracy of the trackball, this was also an issue on my friends Pearls who purchased at the same time from T-Mobile So it was not unique to just my Pearl.

On the other hand when I bought my next Pearl from Cingular the trackball looked exactly the same, however it was very smooth, and easy to control A very dramatic difference. So what is that attributed to? I think they improved the surface that the trackball was seated on and perhaps enhance the seal as well. Just a rather educated guess on my part.

So in the final analysis, I find both BlackBerry hardware and OS performance the best of all brands in the smartphone space. Not the flashiest or offering the most features, but offering what is the most valuable in three basic areas, the phone, email, and web usefulness. Then with the addition, they are targeting the consumer with the media capabilities and camera included in the Pearl This in addition to a user interface that is brilliant. Easy to use, logical and completely reliable.

Now that you have had some time to study things and participate here, are there any further questions?

Cheers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12