Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all. I just purchased the Pearl from Cingular, and I am wondering if there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kdstegh no está en línea Stack level 2

Cingular vs. T-Mobile

Advertisement

Hello all. I just purchased the Pearl from Cingular, and I am wondering if there are any differences I should be aware of between the 2 versions before I lock down on a contract?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Cingular vs. T-Mobile

Hello Kdstegh and Welcome to the Stacks. Service coverage will depend on where you live but they are both pretty good. You can go on the T-Mobile web site and the Cingular site, type in your address and see the coverage for each service.

They both run EDGE service for browsing. TMobile data rates are significantly cheaper than Cingular.

I'm sure others will be along to add.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Hello Kdstegh and Welcome to the Stacks. Service coverage will depend on where you live but they are both pretty good. You can go on the T-Mobile web site and the Cingular site, type in your address and see the coverage for each service.

They both run EDGE service for browsing. TMobile data rates are significantly cheaper than Cingular.

I'm sure others will be along to add.
    Thanks for the info ljbyar. I should have been more specific with my question. I was wondering if there are any differences between the versions of the 8100...and thanks for the welcome too!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

T-MO better looking, and data plans are cheaper, like mentioned above!!!!!!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Oh yeah, AT&T now!!!!! Not Cingular

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

The OS's are same, TMO looks better on my opinion

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by kdstegh
    Hello all. I just purchased the Pearl from Cingular, and I am wondering if there areany differences I should be aware of between the 2 versions before I lock down on a contract?
    I have nothing official or any proof, however it's my understanding that the case/ housing, display and basic circiut board are the same. The Cingular model is supposed to have some small unpublished improvements after their initial release and feedback from T-mobile customers. Subtle improvements to the keyboard, a small tweak to the media player. A different seal around the trackball, and other very small but important improvements.

The cosmetic differences such as the silver "stripe" down the front of the Cingular model are just that, dictated by Cingular.

I have purchased and used both (new) and it's been my experience [or pehaps its' just in my head..... ] that the Cingular model felt a just a bit more "solid" in your hand. The keyboard a bit more solid , not quite a loose as the T-Mobile model and there seemed to be more control over the trackball. Again certainly not a scientific test or comparison, just an observation having used both.

Finally the only reason I sold my last (Cingular) Pearl is that they keyboard was simply too small for my large hands and the amount of email I handle daily. Other than that, I really liked the phone.

Cheers...

atarimaster no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i personally think the keypad on the Cingular version is more solid than the t-mobile version

great feedback guys. Thanks a lot!

beeballman no está en línea Stack level 2

I have T-Mobile and love it. I have the unlimited internet and email plan.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

For a change of opinion I have the Cingular Pearl. I like it's looks better and Cingular is way better than T-MO in my opinion(has better service in my area). Can't say anything about the keys though as I have only had the Cingular Pearl. But as others have said there really isn't that much of a differece. I think becuase Cingular released it latertheygotthe benefit of changing the minor things that were wrong with the T-MO version. I think Cingular isthe way to go, even though T-Mo is cheaper.

Hope this helps even though it was kind of rrepetative,
    GP

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Thanks GotPearl, For your report. No worries about the reptetative part, this just confirms how many of us like some of the same features.

That is quite beneficial to those who have not purchased a BlackBerry yet as they see how many people are satisfied with the model they may be interesting in.

Cheers...
    ~via BB 8700c ~
    (wap.pinstack.com)

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA

I'm a tmobile fan and 1500min with unlimited everything else runs me $105 monthly. I thin cingular is slightly higher. Only by a couple of dollars. I think they are =

ceverhart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0514

I have tmo and have 1500 mins unlimited everthing and only pay 80

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Data plan is cheaper on tmobile. Cingular has better coverage. Text is cheap on tmo. Unlimited for 14.99. Don't know with Cingular. Roll over rocks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast