Here is my situation: I just got a Cingular Pearl last week, I love it. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iswise no está en línea Stack level 1

cingular trying to screw me

Advertisement

Here is my situation:

I just got a Cingular Pearl last week, I love it.

I checked my account online and it appeared that I had 2 unlimited data accounts. I called customer service to check on this and they told me that I had 1 unlimited BB data plan (BIS $29.99, which I signed up for) and 1 pay per kb data package as well (that shouldn't be there). He deleted the pay per kb package and I was on my way. Immediatly afterwards I noticed that I was no longer recieving emails on my phone. I sent one to myself from another email address, got nothing. Had a friend send me an email, got nothing. Showed up in my email's inbox, but not on my BB.

I call back customer service and they person tells me that the $29.99 BIS unlimited data plan DOES NOT support push email.

And he assured me that was correct after I asked him multiple times. I'm a BB newby, but I'm not an idiot and I could swear that this plan should support push. Whats the point of having the damn phone if your emails arent pushed!?

Someone please tell me I am right and this guy is wrong. I'm going to call customer service again right now and get some more clarification from someone else.

I'll update after the call.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5
    Are you trying to access BES email or BIS? BES is generally corporate email, BIS is the gmail/yahoo/or anything forwarded to a blackberry.net email address.

If you're talking BIS, you're right and he's wrong. If you're talking BES, he's still wrong, but you need the $44.99 BES Unlimited plan from Cingular.

When you talk to them, try and call 800-304-3044 instead of the other 800 number. You'll get much more knowledgeable people.

I am on BIS and accessing a Gmail account. I'm on the phone with the Data Department right now and it is appearing that it is a Gmail a problem, the Data CS confirmed that the other Cingular CS guy was indeed wrong.

An update:

Just got off the phone with Cingular Data Dept...the problem is not within my BB but a problem between Gmail and RIM.

Aparently RIM is aware of the problem and working with Gmail to fix it right now.

I just recieved a test email from RIM (which did not go to my BB) and then shortly after a phone call from RIM wanting to know what time I recieved the email. The guy also asked me for my email password (which seemed rather fishy and unncessesary to me) but I did not give it to him.

Anyone else experiencing Gmail problems tonight?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    For the record my yahoo account is working fine on Cingular. I would have refused to give my password out as well.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    I have noticed most of the people working in Cingy know very little if anything at all about Blackberrys you have to get to their tier 2 people to get decent service.

changstrom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yep, there are people on the T-Mo section and Verizon section complaining of GMail lag.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    he prolly wanted to check ur mail for you haha

singlespeed no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~theres a group at cingular called the customer relations team. They are customer serivice/pr. Ask to speak with them. Be polite but don't sound cheerful. They have the ability to make good things happen and will do so if you tell them you're considering leaving to another. It worked for me : ).(I'm a biz customer, I'm not sure if this group deals with consumer accounts, but I assume they do) Cingular will always have my biz because these people have made things right more than once. Good luck.

I forgot to mention that when i was talking with the CS who told me that BIS didn't support push email, he credited me a month on my data plan after I told him that I was (correctly!) informed that it does support push.

So if nothing else, my service is remaining the same, and I made 30 bucks!

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I noticed the Gmail slowdown. I didnt receive any messages on my Pearl, they were all there on the PC, then next thing I was flooded with a mass of email at once.

paco74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello All, Newbie here. Just a quick question, does the gmail slowdown happen often? This was the exact problem I was having.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I haven't had any issues with Gmail from day one. In fact, I often get my mail from gmail on my BB8100 first before it shows on my PC. I have Cingular as well and have the BIS 29.99/mo. Strange.....