I dd the Cingular Update last night. It took a long time (over 30 minutes), ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearlpearl12 no está en línea Stack level 2

Cingular Software Update

Advertisement

I dd the Cingular Update last night. It took a long time (over 30 minutes), but it completed successfully.

Like most of you, I haven't noticed and major changes.

The only thing I have noticed is that my Google Talk application was no longer there (I downloaded it again last night and it was fine), and the order of my Message folders on my Zen theme had changed. Previously, my generic 'Message' folder (which annoyingly holds both email and SMS)was on top, then Email 1 under it, then Email 2 under that.

Now the order goes: Email 2, Email 1, Messages.

Does anyone know how to arrange the order of these icons? Also, is there a simple way for me to setup the phone such that my emails are not displayed in the 'Messages' folder? I saw a post on this where a lot of code had to be changed - it seemed too risky for my level of knowledge.

Thanks

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Cingular Software Update

In the option menu, there should be an option to reorganize the icon on your screen

Hope this helps
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Narcissus no está en línea Stack level 2

If you click applications and then click it again when you scroll over a specific one it will give you a move application menu. You can then move it further down. On my Pearl the top five are the ones that show up on the first screen.

Thanks, but I haven't been able to find anything under 'Options' to do this.

What should I choose after 'Options'?

Thanks

Thank Narcissus - didn't see your post until after I replied above.

This worked.

Thanks again.

Now if we could just set up the Message folder so that it only shows Text Messages and not emails as well...

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

About the icons, it's a little different with every theme. Tell us what theme are u using?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You can set up a filter using the search feature in the Message apps, There should already be one for SMS that has a shortcut key. Try going to your message list and pressing ALT + S. If that doesn't work from the Message App meny go to Options/Search/Recall and see what filters you have and what shortcut are assigned.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jannino no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Cingular Software Update

Where did you download this update? Just purchased the phone and I'm completely confused. I have the unlimited media net package but the phone still says "data connection refused." I called cingular, they told me I had some wrong configurations and they fixed everything. I turned my phone off, removed battery, and turned phone back on after about 20 minutes. I still have the error message. Not to mention I have no links for media net or a web browser. Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    You can set up a filter using the search feature in the Message apps, There should already be one for SMS that has a shortcut key. Try going to your message list and pressing ALT + S. If that doesn't work from the Message App meny go to Options/Search/Recall and see what filters you have and what shortcut are assigned.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Thanks Rcbjr,
    The Alt-S trick worked. I was not able to to go to Options/Search/Recall, though. When I click Options from the Message folder, the 2 choices are General Options and Email reconciliation - I didn't see Recall in either of these places.

Is it possible to set up the Message folder so that it ONLY shows SMS texts, without having to enter the shortcut?

For the user asking about the software update link, it can be found here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...ffa16663f225TR

By the way, I'm using the Zen theme.

Thanks Again.