Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is anyone having a problem with their cingular red pearl push to talk not working. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chrisperry63 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question cingular push to talk

Advertisement

is anyone having a problem with their cingular red pearl push to talk not working. i initiate the call and it seems like the line just stays open even though i've released the button and that person can't respond. same thing on the other end, when someone calls me the line stays open even though they've let go of the button and i can't respond

wmmorgan no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: cingular push to talk

yes we also had that problem with all 5 of ours. spent hours with support and never recieved a fix or a reason.
    we had push to talk turned off on all of them a few days ago...

gtox no está en línea Stack level 2

YOu know I found that you have to attach PPT to the button with the 3 dots on it. the left conveience button. I know it seems odd but when I did it, PPT worked just fine for us.

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2

wow... cingular's own NEXTEL service.

How is the quality of that system BTW???
    I have no idea if it's even useful or helpful.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

For some reason if the PTT isn't activated on the left convience key the PTT service wont work correctly.

Goto options/screen/keyboard And change the left convience key to ptt if it hasnt already.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

we have the same issue, but it only seems to happen when in an area of low service. if it does happen, i just end the call and retry and it usually works fine. not sure what the bug is, never really looked into it.

ptt overall is awesome. i use it daily with a bunch of people. the group thing is pretty cool too. this is 438358349593765 times better than what nextel ever had.

thedrew no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

i've found the secret to ptt the only way it will work and function properly is if u use it only with the at&t theme which is the original theme that was on ur pearl all downloaded themes or ota themes will not function with ptt

um, yea they will. i've always used downloaded themes and it works just fine. i actually just switched back to one of the themes that it comes with because i found that the downloaded themes slowed the phone down, and the ptt functionality is exactly the same as before.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

does the PTT work the same as Nextel? or is it like Sprint's attempt at PTT?

gtox no está en línea Stack level 2

It has nothing to do with the theme and I still think you have to use the left key on the pearl

truthlikegold no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F9FC5C

Our ptt isn't worth a damn. Just so you know.

Riley@At&t

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

DAMMIT MAN!!!. . . i really dont know anyone with the PTT feature but myself. . . and i dont even know if its good or not. . .im just going by whut you guys put up here. . . so far. . .seems pointless. . . cant wait till sumone makes the power move to cingular so i could use that feature and fidn out for myself. . .

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

what will be cool is when every carrier has it and we all can PTT across networks.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

sre would be. . .lighter on the pockets too

actually i think the ptt is very well worth it, IF you have others to use it with obviously. i have about 6 people i use my ptt with, and we love it and are always using it. once it becomes availible on more phones it will be better.

mudshovel - the idea is same as nextel, but cingular fixed everything that everyone hated about nextel. the connect sound is better first off lol. you can ptt someone over the speaker, and then convert the call to cellular without disconnecting. you can turn off just the ptt and have the phone on. you can set the ptt to unavailible so that you don't get bothered, or turn it completly off. you can also set up groups right on your phone so that you can ptt to numerous people at once. you can use ptt to send voice notes directly into someone's voice mail as well. i think it's a ton better than the nextel version ever was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast