im new here and just bought a pearl. i have tmobile for my service and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

liljae8 no está en línea Stack level 2

cingular phone but tmo service

Advertisement

im new here and just bought a pearl. i have tmobile for my service and i bought a cingular bb pearl. i dont like the way it says cingular on the bottom of the phone. it seems like its easily replacable to place a tmobile one or a blank one(if any). i want to know how i can change this and if anyone has a tmo one or a black one. also when i go to my browser like t-zone, it says cingular, is there any way to change that, as well? thanks in advance!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: cingular phone but tmo service

you usually have to download the t-mobile software for the pearl to get the t-mobile programs on teir such as t-zones. i've heard of people jujst scratching off the carrier logo at the bottom of the pearl, their might be a few threads about that here. maybe want to search for it. oh and welcome to the stacks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by liljae8
    also when i go to my browser like t-zone, it says cingular, is there any way to change that, as well?
    Since you have the Cingular Branded phone your default theme and vendor will always be Cingular. Then only way you can change that is to alter your Blackberry.alx file and unlock the TMO theme.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html
    That thread is the directions on how to if you would like to try.

You can try the method in this thread to debrand your phone if you would like. It's the sugar cube trick
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ification.html

Good Luck!

i wanna change the bottom part of my phone to the tmo one or a blank black one. is there anyway i can do that?

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by liljae8
    i wanna change the bottom part of my phone to the tmo one or a blank black one. is there anyway i can do that?
    What benefit would you get from doing that? That's like saying I want to steal someone's Mercedes Emblem and put it on a Honda Civic.

Anyhow, if you want T-Mobile software, you should download its OS, although I think the AT&T one is more stable.

As for the branded logo on the bottom of the phone, try that sugar trick, and tell me how it goes because I have a Cingular Pearl as well.

i just bought a phone from someone that says cingular on it and it was only $30 so i said, sure i'll take it. i have tmobile service and i like the bottom of tmo's pearl. so i want to change that. it looks like it can easily be removed and replaced by the tmo one anyways. any suggestions? thanks

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

so basically you want to swap face plates...not get rid of all tags...you'd rather have the T-Mobile tag on your phone than the cingular guy...well not sure if face plates are swapable on the pearl but see if a T-Mobile store will swap faces with you with one that's getting sent in for refurb

PIN/ID
    STACK

you can buy that piece online. I think there is a few places that sell them

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

PIN/ID
    STACK

becareful with that place...one member had an issue with them. They are based in china.

Not sure if they ever got it resolved.

any other websites?