I got the Pearl (Cingular) along with my Father and friend. For some reason my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jamesons no está en línea Stack level 1

Cingular Pearl - PTT Problem

Advertisement

I got the Pearl (Cingular) along with my Father and friend. For some reason my friend cannot initiate a PTT with me. I have no problems initiating with him or my Father so I can pretty much rule out my phone. He rebooted and deleted and re-entered my name and phone number. Still doesn't work. Cingular has no tech service according to CS since it is so new.

Any experience, thoughts or suggestions?

Otherwise, so far so good (knock on wood).

Thanks, JS

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Cingular Pearl - PTT Problem

Hey there Jamesons. Welcome to Pinstack.... Dont know anything about PTT but hopefully someone will come across this thread and help you out... How is the 8100 other than the PTT feature? Make sure you check out our BB Faq section for some great info and tips for the Pearl.....
    Last edited by SuzzyP; 12-05-2006 at 06:38 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

No PTT experience. sorry. Welcome to the Stacks. You can search for other Cingular 8100 users who may be able to help here and here.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Did both of you accept each other?

jamesons no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Hey there Jamesons. Welcome to Pinstack.... Dont know anything about PTT but hopefully someone will come across this thread and help you out... How is the 8100 other than the PTT feature? Make sure you check out our BB Faq section for some great info and tips for the Pearl.....
    I appreciate the welcome. I like it. I am coming from the 7100 so the improved features, browser speed, etc are so much better that is is night and day for me. Probably not as much of an upgrade for most. Having a camera I realize is not new and novel, but for me it is! I agree that the keys are a little unique and could pose a problem. But, until there is an actual problem or they fall off I am not going to say they stink. The size - simply awesome. I think some of the little additions like quick-searching through for names and numbers in the call log icon is nice. What I mean is - instead of simply typing the number it also recognizes the names that match in the bottom. The alternative is going into the address book and dialing through there. Was that really that hard? Absolutely not, but just a little something new that I see as added value and someone put thought into it. I also think the pearl (rolller ball) is nice. It does feel a little delicate, but so far so good. I find it easier to scroll through the home screen versus the trackwheel. The screen is also light years above the 7100. The quality of the pictures, web pages, etc is simply awesome in my opinion. I think the things that stand out the most are - camera, screen quality and brightness, roller ball vs trackwheel, overall size and weight and the browser speed. Otherwise, the phone is the phone, the messages are the messages. You can get all of that anywhere.

Now, as for the PTT? Too early. I have had no problems, but as you see above my buddy has issues. The third person I know who got an 8100 is just setting up the PTT so I should know a little more tonight. As far as the PTT between my Father and I (only person who has functioning) it's really nice. We work together so finding each other or getting a quick answer when not at our desk is very efficient. If someone is in a meeting and needs a quick answer to help the meeting progress with real information you can get it in seconds versus speculating or walking around finding them. I honestly see that as a benefit. We are trying to figure out if it makes enough sense to force all out top managers and sales people to get them (at our cost of course). We think it would be a nice feature, but it may be too soon.

Overall, the 8100 I think is a well thought out PDA. Especially coming from the 7100 since almost all of the features are generally the same so the learning curve is minimal. High regards from this guy. -JS