Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by Ralthan I tried the update from Cingular (I have the Cingular version). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ralthan
    I tried the update from Cingular (I have the Cingular version). I previously used the telefonica (or whatever it is called) to update my phone. When I ran the update it says that a newer version of the desktop software is currently installed. No way to update it unless I uninstall my desktop software.

Tony
    That is strange as I had the Telefonica and did the Cingular update without a hitch.

carson no está en línea Stack level 2
    I looked a a link on another thread and it looks like there is a .84 update from Cingular -

Quote Originally Posted by carson
    I looked a a link on another thread and it looks like there is a .84 update from Cingular -
    The link at the top of this thread is "Package Version: 4.2.0.84" and is the one I used earlier

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    so this .69, if I install it over my current .67 which is on t-mobile, there wont be any differences as far as labeling goes? since I'm on a t-mobile phone?

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am very nervous about installing this over my T-mobile (.64). Can anyone who's done this tell me if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    I am very nervous about installing this over my T-mobile (.64). Can anyone who's done this tell me if it works?
    As has been mentioned many times before on Pinstack, these upgrades are phone dependent - not provider dependent.

They are all written by RIM.

As long as the OS is for your phone model and you remove the vendor.xml file, you will be able to install the latest OS regardless of which provider is offering it.

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I guess it hasn't be answered yet, but is there a difference between this and .67? other then pictures supposedly loading faster?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    matthew...im afraid the differences at this point are going to be very subtle. i don't think you will notice right off, if anything at all. you are safe downloading another carrier's OS. it won't hurt the pearl.

zaitsev no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just installed the Cingular .69 over a T-Mo .64 (I am with T-Mobile and myfaves acct). It seems to be running faster, it reconnected to T-Mobile on its own and downloaded myFaves without any user intervention. However, it erased all myFaves icons. Don't make the same mistake as I did, and back those icons up manually -- it doesn't do it for you. But it did back up my own pictures -- weird.

johnnyopolis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

I have my 8100 on 4.2.0.67 its on a UK Vodafone network. I have a problem at the moment where my battery lasts 1 day! yes 1 day! Before I did the upgrade to .67 it was lasting 3 to 4 I am not using it in a diffrent way either. I also do not have any call register (calls in/calls out/missed calls) it just shows them all together.

Do you think its worth doing this upgrade?

Johnny

cynamicny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F282DC
    Does it support PTT?

Roswell108 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Pictures load 100x faster! This alone was enough of an upgrade. I am on t-mo and had no problems using it. Very good!

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    I am on T-mo service and am downloading now. We will see how it works. I hope it does not do anything bad to my phone.

thanks for the update!

zaitsev no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had .69 on my Tmo for 2.5 days and have had 0 problems. The Gmail thing was not a Pearl problem. The pictures load super fast! Cingular OS gives you additional wallpapers that are very nice. Battery life, I have not seen any difference from .64 Tmo OS.

Snyeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242094F0
    I installed the desktop manager but didnt run the install at the end, Then deleted the xml file. Plugged in my pearl and started up desktop manager but the update didnt come up. The last update .67 I did poped up and started to install.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast