Hey guys I was wondering if I can use the cingular network while on vacation ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

cingular network while on vacation..

Advertisement

Hey guys I was wondering if I can use the cingular network while on vacation instead of what I have which is tmobile? It changed by itself and it says cingular now instead of tmobile. We re driving from tx to missouri and occasionally it changes to a weird network and now cingular. I don't want any hidden charges... Or if there's any way I can go and use tmobile?

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: cingular network while on vacation..

t-mobile is a nation wide network. they have absolutely no local plans. t-mobile also borrows cingular towers since both carriers are GSM networks. that is why as you are driving your network alpha tag changes to cingular by it self depending on which tower you are registered to. it isnt your fault and you will not incur any additional charges from t-mobile for it...

i used to work at t-mobile and now i work at cingular (att) thats why i am familiar with all that network stuff....

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685

She is correct. It's called partner coverage. Just be glad you don't live on the border of mexico or canada! Those people who have GSM pull off of foreign towers and actually do get charged an arm AND a leg. It's terrible for them. but don't worry, like our friend above me stated, there is nothing to worry about. Later!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Actually in the Texas market T-Mobile still has the 3000 Regional plan available. As long as you are on a National plan then there are no roaming charges. If you are on the Regional Plan then you will be incurred roaming charges when you leave the regional area (which all depends on when you actually got the plan).

Zo.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by AC INKA
    She is correct. It's called partner coverage. Just be glad you don't live on the border of mexico or canada! Those people who have GSM pull off of foreign towers and actually do get charged an arm AND a leg. It's terrible for them. but don't worry, like our friend above me stated, there is nothing to worry about. Later!
    Yah, I live on the border to Canada and when in certain areas actually pick up the Rogers towers. You have to be careful!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Yeah I'm a tmobile employee and customer and I went from florida to arkansas and then to oklahoma and I romaed on cingular and cellular one and one other company. But you don't have to worry about roaming. And you shouldn't have any data problems either just some places you won't run edge that's about it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im not sure if I have national or regional data plan? As far as I know I've never been charged any roaming since ever and we travel a lot! I have myfaves, what kind of plan is that? Also thanks for the superquick response!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If you have myFaves then you have a National Plan. MyFaves will probably be never incorporated into the regional plan since it gives unlimited calling to anyone anywhere in the US.

Zo.