Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Holy Cow... After researching this forum, BlackberryForums, etc. I finally was able to get MMS ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Cingular MMS (GOT IT!!!! Working)

Advertisement

Holy Cow... After researching this forum, BlackberryForums, etc. I finally was able to get MMS working on my "unlocked 8100 Pearl" for Cingular. I am a very experienced BB user, IT professional, BES analyst since 1998, etc. and this puppy was driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Background: Cingular will claim that MMS is not supported on ANY Blackberry platform, that a "fix" is on its way. But, according to posts within these forums, folks have been able to pseudo manually get MMS working but there didn't seem to be a consistent fix.

My Problem: I have every service option enabled on my Cingular Plan, multiple phones, MMS package, unlimited BES data, etc. Every feature on my Pearl worked EXCEPT MMS. I could move my SIM to a non-blackberry and send MMSs all day long, etc.

Original Configuration: unlocked T-Mobile ver. 4.2.0.42. Cingular Settings:
    TCP:
    wap.cingular
    WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    CINGULAR1
    Service Books:
    MMS Transport, 127.0.0.1
    MMS Client, 206.51.26.192
    When I would try to send an MMS to anyone, including to my own mobile, instant "X" (The same problem most folks had.)

Solution: A simple firmware upgrade on the handheld to 4.2.0.67. Ensure that the above settings are still valid. Through the Cingular BIS, ensure that service books are sent and updated to have the service books pushed down to the phone. Once done, MMS works flawlessly with graphics, text, etc., no more "X" and all is ok in my bb world.

The firmware download site:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...84431AD9D055AF

This will get you to the Blackberry Download site for the Software Download for Telefónica Móviles. Do not worry about the uniqueness of the code, it is a generic version and does not change the original carrier graphics, themes, etc., it also does not ask for a mobile number but you will have to input your name/contact info... 68MB file-Download and run the .EXE file. After the program has run, be sure to immediately delete the VENDOR.XML file under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\VENDOR.XML

Then start Desktop Manager, plug in your 8100 Pearl, and it should automatically recognize the device it will then tell you that there is updated software to load. Takes about 20 minutes to completly load the new OS. During the process, it will backup all of the data, establish the new software revision and restore the data completely. Even after a restore, all settings were retained, theme, graphics, fonts, owner info, etc.

"thanks to MickPick on Pinstack for the download location for the code"...

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by prickleypete; 12-11-2006 at 11:07 PM.

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7
    Glad you got it working! I love this thing now that I can do everything on my pearl!
    Last edited by cp6169; 12-11-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Update: Cingular 4.2.0.69

Cingular Code 4.2.0.69 stable, and works for MMS as well...

To further test the solution and put everyone's minds at ease about the Software Download for Telefónica Móviles, I downloaded and installed the new OS from Cingular that is now available: 4.2.0.69 Download from here:
    Cingular Pearl Smartphone OS that was posted on the PINSTACK home page here last night.

I was able to duplicate the steps that I did with the other OS with the new Cingular version. MMS works with the new version as well, but you have to make sure that you have all of the settings as described before.

Though there could be many causes for MMS not working, the underlying fact that the OS needs to be as current as possible. .67 and .69 definitely works, the older .42 original code from T-Mobile did not work on Cingular (for me.).

I hope this helps out. And, don't worry about upgrading the OS, they got it right, just remember to make sure that you select the option to back up all of your data and programs before. Also, I have a lot of third-party software on my Blackberry, eSpell, ReadyWords, MiniSafe, NEXT, and other misc programs...all of these backed up and restored without problem or having to re-install during the OS upgrade.

Pete

wrgaskam no está en línea Stack level 1
    sweetness.

jonro no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did everything stated, and still no MMS, nor interent, just the mmode. Any further thoughts?

JON

Please advise where to find and verify the MMS settings. Thanks. JON

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by prickleypete
    Cingular that is now available: 4.2.0.69 Download from here:
    Cingular Pearl Smartphone OS that was posted on the PINSTACK home page here last night.
    Is this the same version that is available for TMO ? I just downloaded a .69 version as well.... I am just curious?

Thanks

My service books have no MMS listed within.

My service books have no MMS listed within.

I'm not sure about the specific .69 for T-mobile if even it is available. I have a tmo unlocked Pearl working on Cingular using the .69 code from Cingular.

The service books are found in Options, Advanced Options, Service Books. If you don't have the two MMS service books, confirm with Cingular that you are provisioned to use MMS. Then log on to your BIS portal and "Re-Send" your service books to yourself and/or have Cingular re-send your service books. The two MMS books should appear. If they do not appear on your BB, you definitely aren't provisioned with Cingular and/or your carrier to use MMS. Pay to Play.

zeenaught no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E28A3D
    Thanks everybody for your posts. I now have MMS working on my unlocked pearl from T-Mobile that I am using with Cingular. After checking settings, upgrading operating systems and resending service books many times. I went to my local Cingular Corportate store. I asked the girl there if we could swap sim cards to insure that my phone was capable of MMS. She had no problems sending or receiving MMS on my phone with her sim. And of course my sim didn't send or receive MMS on her phone. That little exercise confirmed that my phone settings were correct and something wasn't set properly with my service. After a little more digging and calls with Cingular customer service, all I needed was for "Media Net" to be enabled on my plan. They told me it is not part of the default settup for blackberry accounts but when they added it to my account, the phone sent and accepted MMS as expected.

Hope this helps the next guy.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    I cannot connect to the web, I have no browser icon and cingular tells me I must be on a blackberry plan to get this function. The pearl's manual says it does Media net as well as BB. I don't have a use for a BB plan, but I love the phone and want to get on the web with it. I can't even order ringtones directly from my Pearl. Can anyone help?

eric.v.mazzo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204db911
    Quote Originally Posted by zeenaught
    Thanks everybody for your posts. I now have MMS working on my unlocked pearl from T-Mobile that I am using with Cingular. After checking settings, upgrading operating systems and resending service books many times. I went to my local Cingular Corportate store. I asked the girl there if we could swap sim cards to insure that my phone was capable of MMS. She had no problems sending or receiving MMS on my phone with her sim. And of course my sim didn't send or receive MMS on her phone. That little exercise confirmed that my phone settings were correct and something wasn't set properly with my service. After a little more digging and calls with Cingular customer service, all I needed was for "Media Net" to be enabled on my plan. They told me it is not part of the default settup for blackberry accounts but when they added it to my account, the phone sent and accepted MMS as expected.

Hope this helps the next guy.
    If I'm already paying for the BB unlimited and the Messaging. Why do I have to pay for Media Net when it is supposed to be included with the BB unlimited. When you read the description of the BB unlimited it is implicite that Media Net is part of the plan, and picture messaging is part of the messaging plan. Am I reading this right that this right that I have to pay for all three plans?

If Cingular requires Media Net in addition to these 2 other plans to get MMS, I WILL LEAVE Cingular without paying a termination fee.

sphereboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.v.mazzo
    If I'm already paying for the BB unlimited and the Messaging. Why do I have to pay for Media Net when it is supposed to be included with the BB unlimited. When you read the description of the BB unlimited it is implicite that Media Net is part of the plan, and picture messaging is part of the messaging plan. Am I reading this right that this right that I have to pay for all three plans?

If Cingular requires Media Net in addition to these 2 other plans to get MMS, I WILL LEAVE Cingular without paying a termination fee.

Can you quote them on that? Find the source on their website. I was told MediaNet is not included.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    eric.v.mazzo, Welcome to PinStack.

You should have the media net bookmarks on your Bookmarks page. If you do not, it probably means that Cingular did not properly or completely Provision your BB account correctly. Try logging in to your BIS account and resending your service books. If that doesn't work Call Customer Care, ask for the Blackberry Device support and explain the problem you are having.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast