I have a new 8100 (had the 8700) and when I go to a site ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

habanero69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Cingular: MediaNet Browser Doesn't Animate

Advertisement

I have a new 8100 (had the 8700) and when I go to a site (e.g. weather map) it will not show the animation. It does work if I use the BB browser. This is odd since on my 8700 it worked for both browsers. There are settings in the media-net browser that show animation is on and can be configed to animate from none to as many as the image specifies. Any ideas? I'm not crazy about the BB browser use or installing mini opera... THX.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Habanera, go to the options and change the emulation mode for your cingular browser, see if that gets what you need.
    I see this is your first post, welcome to pinstack

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u
    Habanera, go to the options and change the emulation mode for your cingular browser, see if that gets what you need.
    I see this is your first post, welcome to pinstack
    Thanks for the welcome. Your suggestion makes sense but, I can't change the emulation mode. When I try, the only valid value I can pick is "Blackberry". Hmmmm, guess this is my problem. Any suggestions on why that's the case? Resend book or delete/reinstall something? I'd rather not do anything until someone helps me. I have my pearl working perfectly now except for this minor issue and don't want to spoil it!

Thanks,
    M

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I dont have any other suggestions, as I use media net browser rarely myself. I am fan of the BB browser. May I ask why you do not wish to use it? I used to use the cingular browser only when I first got my 8700 and then realized I was limiting myself and my BB.
    That is my opinion and we all know what opinions are like. LOL Hopefully someone else has an idea

I guess no real reason except its ugly default home page. I tried to make it use the media-net Cingular home page but it balked. Maybe I did something wrong. I guess if it comes down to it I can/will use the BB browser. I guess it mostly bugs me because it ought to work with media-net too as it did on my 8700. Makes me feel like something is wrong with my config/phone and what else might be incorrectly functioning. Call me paranoid I guess. Thanks for your feedback.