Hey guys when i purchased my blackberry i chose the Media Net Bundle which is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

deeZ2933 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cingular/Media Net

Advertisement

Hey guys when i purchased my blackberry i chose the Media Net Bundle which is Unlimited txt and Unlimted Media Net Browsing for the first month. The problem is where is my Media net? How do i go to it etc? I dont have the earth icon for the internet on my phone... can anyone help me with this please.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Cingular/Media Net

Dee, have you tried sending your service books?

how do i do that? Sorry for all these dumb questions im just new to it..

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

No such thing as a dumb question Dee, Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now. Then pull out the battery with the BB on, wait at least 30 seconds and replace battery. That should work.

On Cingular, if you don't have the options described above, you may have to log on to the Cingular site to resend your service books. Log in to your Cingular BIS account from a PC and look under Options or Profile for the Button for Send Service Book and Send Internet Service Book. Click on Both of these.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Greetings deeZ2933, and Welcome to the Forum.

The person that sold you the MediaNet plan did not know what they were doing. MediaNet is for regular phones with the Cingular proprietary browser. While they also put that browser on every device they sell. It's there just to sell ringtones, games & other Cingular items.

What they should have sold you is the personal BlackBerry plan. It's $29.99 per month. When you have this service it sends all the proper icons to your start screen. You will then have an icon that resembles a globe & is your BlackBerry browser which gives you complete internet access to all sites designed for mobile devices. The other icons that come with BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service, and then you will also be able to setup your email.

So to recap, contact Cingular & ask them to remove MediaNet & ad the BIS personal plan.

~via Cingular BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

I also wanted to say that you do not need to do anthing with your BlackBerry as there is nothing wrong. But it will not work with MediaNet.

You absolutely must have a BlackBerry plan.

It's a shame that you had to go through this just because the person who sold you your BB didn't have a clue.

I'm glad you found this forum as there is a lot to learn and it's all free here.

Let is know how you do and if can be of further help.

Cheers

I also wanted to say that you do not need to do anthing with your BlackBerry as there is nothing wrong.

But it will not work with MediaNet.

It's a shame that you had to go through this just because the person who sold you your BB didn't have a clue.

I'm glad you found this forum as it is a great resource.

Let us know how you do and if we can be of further help.

Cheers

Chad007 no está en línea Stack level 2

[quote=deeZ2933] Hey Buddy,
    Don't worry, the same happened to me, I just had to call Cingular and they turned it on for me. No big deal.
    Make sure to check the map, you'll love it.
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I also wanted to say that you do not need to do anthing with your BlackBerry as there is nothing wrong.

But it will not work with MediaNet.

I'm glad you found this forum as it is a great resource.

Let us know how you do and if we can be of further help.

Cheers
    Thanks alot.. umm the monthly $20+ dont remember what is, is added to the other $45+ for the service? or does that bb plan include the minutes, txt msging, and the internet etc?

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

$29.99 is an unlimited data plan dee which will allow you to email, browse, surf etc. it is an additional charge on top of the current plan you have.
    if you currently pay, say $60 a month, you would be paying $89.99 (+all the applied fees off course). I hope this help.

ok thank you guys@!

Quote Originally Posted by deeZ2933
    ok thank you guys@!
    Just for clarification, the BIS BlackBerry Internet Service is called Personal BlackBerry Plan by Cingular. They charge $29.99 per month and it's for unlimited data usage. They must remove your Media Net Plan and replace it with the BB Plan. So your only data charges will be $29.99. It's seperate from whatever you have chosen as your voice plan. Then the only other charge is if you want text messaging. That begins at 4.99 per month for a 200 msg plan and goes up from there.

My plan is comprised of those three components. BlackBerry plan for data, text message plan for text, and airtime or voice plan.

Hope this helps.

Cheers...

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Just also remember that when you switch to BB internet, cingular sometimes needs to provision the browser and the media net app for you.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._medianet.html