Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1st Q '07 looks like the consensus Originally Posted by bwgregg According to the other ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Cingular to get the new Pearl around January 07'!

Advertisement

1st Q '07 looks like the consensus

Quote Originally Posted by bwgregg
    According to the other threads in the forum on this topic, it's looking more like 1st Quarter of 2007.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    When asked why the carrier was taking so long to acquire the new BlackBerry, a Cingular exec said his company likes to test their devices rigorously. That's a plus eh!
    That Cingular rep gave his salesman answer, which means he was fibbing or puffing. They are releasing the phone for sale as soon as it is legally possible for them to do so.

No carrier is going to test a phone and wait to release it, giving the competition the opportuniuty to sell thousands more units during that time. Besides, there is nothing so buggy about the phone that Cingular would hold off selling the Pearl.

Also consider this: Cingular decides to forego selling the Pearl through the 2006 Holiday gift giving season, supposedly to rigorously test the Pearl, which they know is a confirmed hit that is flying off the shelves? I don't think so.

My understanding is that carriers who get exclusive rights to sell a phone get such for about three to five months. Three being typical, five being the exception, four being the average.

His answer calculates the release date about 4 months after T-Mo has had exclusive U.S. rights. Seems that maybe T-Mo had a four month exclusive deal?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what's the deal I read about the trackball problem? I haven't read anything else about it. What's up? Anyone with answers can direct me to a thread or PM me as to keep this thread on subject.

Edit: Is this the trackball ring problem?
    Last edited by twheeler; 10-25-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12