Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

they'll give you the money back, i spoke to them regarding the same issue a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: cingular doesnt offer insurance on the pearl....

Advertisement

they'll give you the money back, i spoke to them regarding the same issue a few weeks ago. it's really not a big deal. the person in the store can't do anything about the charges, all they can do is take the insurance off, but they do not have the ability to do a refund.

not a chance that they're going to let you out of your contract because you *thought* you had insurance, especially after they refund you the money that you've paid for it. insurance, or lack there of, has nothing to do with service or plan details.

docbean no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm with cingular and was they recommended mobileprotech.com for insurance on my pearl. haven't even looked at their website yet, but thought i'd pass that along.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey guys i work for at&t, If the sales rep left insurance on your account when you upgraded. Please contact Customer Care at 800-331-0500. Have them remove insurance and credit back a couple months because you should not be paying for insurance when you cant insure the pdas.

also alot of phones are not elgible for insurance because of their retail cost. So id look into it and make sure your not paying for insurance thinking your covered when your really not.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

samf715 no está en línea Stack level 1

some rep guy from cingular told me i could got insurence from the bb website and it was really cheap like 40$

i figured he was bullshitting me

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

well, a convesation with their customer service and then one with the manager of the store and they gave me the money back for the insurance. The store manager gave me 3 options.

1. bring the phone back and get one that is eligable for insurance
    2. let me out of my contract
    3. let me out of my contract and money back for phone.

Tought decision. I've been with cingular for a few years, but am not really fond of how they have done me the past couple of months. What do people think about TMO. I talked to them today and they said as long as I get my phone unlocked, it's not a problem to use the same phone. I'm just curious about their coverage/service. Does anyone out there have any experience with a comparision?? I talked to cingular tonight about getting my phone unlocked 'if I'm worthy it will be up to 5 days at no charge. If anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears. I don't want to take advantage of anyone but, at the same time don't like it when a big company tries to run over you either.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by rlem00
    well, a convesation with their customer service and then one with the manager of the store and they gave me the money back for the insurance. The store manager gave me 3 options.

1. bring the phone back and get one that is eligable for insurance
    2. let me out of my contract
    3. let me out of my contract and money back for phone.

Tought decision. I've been with cingular for a few years, but am not really fond of how they have done me the past couple of months. What do people think about TMO. I talked to them today and they said as long as I get my phone unlocked, it's not a problem to use the same phone. I'm just curious about their coverage/service. Does anyone out there have any experience with a comparision?? I talked to cingular tonight about getting my phone unlocked 'if I'm worthy it will be up to 5 days at no charge. If anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears. I don't want to take advantage of anyone but, at the same time don't like it when a big company tries to run over you either.
    Check out the coverage of your area for TMO. http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/ If it's about the same coverage then I would say make the jump with the unlocked phone. Other benefits are the plans are cheaper, customer service is very good, and you don't belong to the MAN. Sorry just had to throw that in there. I find TMO to be the better company. Although I am bias.

i'm just curious as to how you you've been "run" over by cingular and what charges they are giving you that were unexpected......?

they screwed up on the insurance, they'll make it right by giving you a refund. everyone makes mistakes.

where are you located? tmobile seems to work for some people, but in the ny/nj area i know a few people with it and it's horrible. everyone is switching to cingular because they have the best service in the area (verizon is the only one that can compete with them but their customer service is so bad that people are leaving - i did. not to mention that their phones are horrible too)

freedomrose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B1762

I have cellularone. They tell me that they no longer insure highend phones because they are too expensive to replace...guess we could tell them the same thing the next time one of their reps tryies to talk us into paying their high end prices...

psi chick, I'll be the first to say that cingular has great service but in the two months since I upgraded my phone I also ended up getting a new number with the right area code. When I did that they said no extra charges (I did it over the phone) The next bill I get around $70 in extra fees for change. When I call them on it I basically get the read the fine print, it's in your contract. When I found out about the insurance, it kinda sent me over the edge. I just don't like being misled. I also don't want to have my kid play dunkin donuts with my phone and end up with a $400 dollar paperweight. I'm all ears for other options, the one right in my face is get change carriers. I'm in the Cleveland area and spend time around Houston as well. Looking at the coverage maps it looks to me like, for the most part, they should have good coverage, but who knows. I almost find myself longing for the days when I weilded two phones, never out of service or touch.....na

what was the $70 charge for though? a new phone number?

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ice been with tmo for 7 years so I'm probably biased but,

With the fact that I can use my pearl as a tethered modem no extra charge, the price plans are good, and the service is too notch! Heck I found out about pinstack because of a rep clueing me in for all the little extra stuff that a BB can do!

And you could probably get a pearl on special right now.I'd say jump ship and move on

Ymmv
    Kfp

timusca no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F9ACE8

I have insurance through Cingular on my Pearl... although its through the individual store, not Cingular Corporate. Check with your local Cingular dealer and they may or may not offer it. Mine is like $5/month.

The 70 was for my phone number and my wife's being changed. I was surprised b/c when they did it they said it would be no charge. The only reason I did it was b/c people kept thinking they had the wrong number for me. I'm off to Texas this tomorrow to see what the future may hold for me. When I get back I'll hopefully get some time to close this thing out.

Well, I have some sort of resolution to this whole thing. I ended up going with verizon, so no more pearl, TMO did not let me call from inside, the signal was not good enough. I ended up going with verizon so had to get an 8830. I don't think I like it as much as the pearl, but I have not had it that long. Man, I wish cingular would have ensured my phone , I spent the entire day running around to cell stores getting all this right, I almost said forget it, no more phone, just letters and email!! It amazes me how difficult things can become .

so you switched to verizon solely because they offer insurance? sorry to be rude here, but that's kind of stupid.

i switched from verizon to cingular simply because they have the absolute worst customer service i have ever experienced, and it just seems to be getting worse. not to mention that every month they charged me something like $30 in fees and taxes. hell they charged me $5 for calling 911 once, which last time i checked is a free call.

good luck with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast