Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

they told me they dont offer insurance on the pearl..thats kinda dumb...but i was wondering ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

cingular doesnt offer insurance on the pearl....

Advertisement

they told me they dont offer insurance on the pearl..thats kinda dumb...but i was wondering ...i think there are website where u can get phone insurance?????

jamnmom no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: cingular doesnt offer insurance on the pearl....

Cingular recommended ATG to me for insurance. Their number is 301-330-6260.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This doesn't help for damage really, but for theft or loss you can check out www.stuffbak.com its pretty darn cool and they have an excellent return rate. It turns out that there are a lot more honest people than you'd think, so long as a reward is involved...

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

so what happens if something happens to your pearl are you responsible yourself
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

jamnmom no está en línea Stack level 2

yes if it is user error then it is up to you for replacement. You have a 1 year manufacturer warranty for those types of problems.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    so what happens if something happens to your pearl are you responsible yourself
    What option are you talking about? With stuffbak, its a return option. You have a wear resistant label on your device that has an ID and the contact number for stuffbak. Depending on the size of the label it also states that it has a reward for return. Its pretty good and is pretty cheap, you just pay the cost of the label and then activate it and register your device with stuffbak. Works for things like bicycles too!

As far as a reward, by default the returner gets a $20 pack of labels, which I would think is pretty cool if I was the person returning something, after all you just saw that the system works, right? But also you can designate your own cash reward at any point in the process even after something has been lost and called in.

And just in case, no, I have no affiliation to stuffbak. I just really love the idea and am saving my pennies to afford a whole bunch of labels for all my gadgets.

mashnost no está en línea Stack level 1

i have been using safeware.com for most of my electronics...unfortunately, last month they began to re-evaluate their policies so I couldn't insure my new Pearl. They did inform me that they will be covering all Blackberrys but not until they finish their evaluation sometime soon. They cover accidental damage,theft,surge protection,etc. I currently have my Zune mp3 player and my computer insured through them. I don't know how much they will charge but they were going to charge me $48 for a year's worth of protection.

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

that's odd because when I got my pearl from them a few months ago, the insurance just stayed on my account. I'm gonna have to check on this.

I just checked my account online and they are and have been insuring my phone, at least they have been charging me for it. Is this confirmed that they don't? I'm curios as to why as well before I go to the store I purchased it from and have at it. I've had lot o problem with cingular misrepresenting themselves with charges since I got my pearl and switched my phone number. Someone that has confirmed this speak up, If not I'll let yawl know the lowdown when I get back from the store later today.

http://www.cingular.com/learn/basics...-insurance.jsp

I'm steamed now. They have been charging me for something I cannot use, and was never told so. I wanna say that would be considered theft in the world of common sense. This just compound on other untold charges that I got when I switched phone numbers. Anyone else had this problem?? I just wonder how many people they are charging and hoseing.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I had a W600i that wasn'tsupposed to have insurance but I had it anyways and they just gave me a new phone because we had been paying it even though I wasn't supposed to have it. I think it is crap that we can't insure PDA devices. I mean jeez what is the big deal? I have to pay 399 for a new one now becuase my mic is broken and works sometimes and then doesn't others I mean that is cheap!

slackware no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240162ec

cingular does not offer any insurance on any pda type phone.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can also get insurance through your local insurance carrier where you have your house and car. Many carriers call these type of policies "inland marine" policies. Most are low cost running around 35 to 40 dollars per year.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

I am really suprised that Cingular does not offer any insurance on their PDA devices. Why wouldn't they offer insurance on the phones that really keep people around? If you look at the people who have data phones (PDAs, BBs) they are the people who stick with the company longer generally.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

Just got back from the cingular stor and the guy was nice but tried to play it off like it was my fault I had the insurance. He said I should not have been able to get it and that they may be able to work something out but since I was out of my 30 new guy period I was stuck. Then I whipped out the old, then why was I not told this when I asked about insurance when I bought the phone. He acted like it was not his problem until I said that they had misrepresented themselves and I would bet getting my money back at the very least and would more than likely be let out of my plan because this. Just rediculous, how they try to get as much from you as they can and then hang you out. Well....tomorrow get to talk to the glorious customer service and be done with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast