Quick Rundown of me... I am a Level III BlackBerry Breakfix Technician, know what I'm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mnbbtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Cingular BlackBerry Pearl

Advertisement

Quick Rundown of me... I am a Level III BlackBerry Breakfix Technician, know what I'm doing and understand lots about the pearl & BB's in general... but I have a "head-scratcher"...

I have a EU's Pearl, which is setup properly (to the company's standard)... I've worked on her device before and fixed the SAME issue, but had some things that were different... here's the scoop:

Device: BB Pearl 8100 (Cingular)
    BES Corporate Account: Has Been Rebuilt Once (also moved to a server that first time)
    Email: Lotus Notes *7.0*
    Her continuious problem: She cannot remove certain emails from her Blackberry Device, even if you're deleting from both locations (PC vs. BB) - the Device is setup to delete both on "Mailbox & Handheld"; Wireless Reconcile is "On"; The Handheld "wins all conflicts"... the Antenna is on... she has the "EDGE" network... we've even soft reset it a couple times.

She had a previous problem that I worked on not too long ago and I wiped and reloaded the device, that same time I had our BES admin remove from one server and rebuild on another. It was working perfectly when I left it with the user, but literally "over night" according to the user it went back to it's old ways...

So my question - why can't I delete the emails from the device? I don't want to reload it, but it's looking more and more like the solution.

Anyone's input is welcome... I think I have all the bases covered.

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Cingular BlackBerry Pearl

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Re: Cingular BlackBerry Pearl

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the workaround mentioned in the KB article will "stick" or if the issue will eventually crop up again?

Our production servers are still running 4.0 (not sure of the SP & HF level), and I'd heard that there's supposed to be an equivalent HF coming up for 4.0, but I don't think we've installed that here.
    David

mnbbtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Cingular BlackBerry Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by mayt0pak
    This could be possible!! Thanks... I'll see what I can do with it. The user I believe is still on the old Lotus Notes (R5) but we are in the middle of upgrading everyone to Lotus Notes (R7) but this is the desktop level, though I'd assume they are also upgrading user's to a newer Domino server as well as a new BES server.

Again, thanks... I'll try this out!

Still looking for other solutions though... if you have an idea, post it!