After having issues with my original pearl thru Cingular, I was given a red pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

teesea no está en línea Stack level 2

Cingular/AT&T Red pearl OS

Advertisement

After having issues with my original pearl thru Cingular, I was given a red pearl. The red one has AT&T on it. I've read in the forums about software issues and need to know how to approach this. I still have the desktop software from my original pearl on my computer. Should I delete that then go to the Cingular site to download new software rather than using the CD that came with the new pearl? I haven't connected my red pearl to the desktop since I got it because I was afraid of installing old problems on it. Do I backup everything on my pearl AFTER installing the new software? Also need to know which version I should look for.Thanks I advance for any help you guys can give me.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Cingular/AT&T Red pearl OS

first and foremost - do not use the CD that came with it

yes, downloading the latest DM v4.2 service pack 2 wouldn't be a bad idea.

do that first, then backup bb

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Hi, Teesa. I am an AT&T user with a Red Pearl that had your problem. Its a combination of a bad DM application on the CD and a corrupted OS from the initial sync to the DM.

If you go to the AT&T Phone and Device Support site, go to the Blackberry software downloads section. The latest Desktop Manager Application is 4.2 SP2. However, if you don't really want or need the huge Roxio Media Manager that comes with SP2, you can download SP1 instead. I would download and install this first before syncing your Pearl to the PC. Once you complete that download and install, download and install the "Red Pearl AT&T and Maine Slate 8100c" OS Package. Once that has been downloaded and installed, sync your Pearl to the PC and run Desktop Manager. It should prompt you to upgrade your OS at that point. When it asks, say yes to backing up your phone's data.

It will take 20-30 minutes to complete this process, and the phone will look like it is not responding during this time. Just let it do its thing and when it is done it will finally reboot and turn back on.

Report back here or on the forums.cingular.com site and we'll help you get back on track if you get lost.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

the CD that came with the red pearl is a piece of worthless junk, i had to download my dm off the cingular website

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I agree. Glad the good stuff was already on the website. I would have been steamed if I had to wait for a new CD in the mail or something.

teesea no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks so much for your responses. I'm about to start working on it and will let you know how things go. I didn't ask if I should delete the desktop I already on my computer from the old pearl. I'm assuming that I should just to be sure that there is no problem. Hopefully my assumption is right.
    Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You can do it either way. If you leave it on the desktop the install will overwrite it.