Does anyone know if Cingular is just greedy and doesn't want to give the service ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ir_dizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Cingular and service books for Cingular blue customer... do they have them or not?

Advertisement

Does anyone know if Cingular is just greedy and doesn't want to give the service books out to cingular blue customers using an unlocked bb pearl (service books to allow html browsing and MMS messaging) or does the technology with the old-style sim cards really prohibit the use of those features on the pearl??

Do they have the capability to make service books for the problems?

I know what the blackberry cingular reps say: "They can't fix the problem and the only way to use those features on your phone is to migrate to a cingular [current] account", but does anyone know for sure if they have the ability to fix the problems?

I'm just curious... thanks!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Cingular and service books for Cingular blue customer... do they have them or not?

No idea what your talking about but I'm sure a pro will come by with the answer to your question.

COJO 24

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Cingular and service books for Cingular blue customer... do they have them or not?

OOO and welcome to the stacks. This site contains everything you need to know about your bb and if you can't find the answer to something then please feel free to post a question and we will do the best we can to answer it.

COJO 24

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe that they are only allowing grandfathered BB users to remain on the Blue side. Any new BB plan must transition to the Orange. I'm not positive about this but that is what happened to me when I tried to buy my first BB, just after the merger. I had to transition to Cingular to be able to get it. But then again, that was two years ago.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles