My friend got his cingular pearl last thursday and has set up his yahoo mail ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

Cinguar 8100 problem with Yahoo mail

Advertisement

My friend got his cingular pearl last thursday and has set up his yahoo mail on it. he's able to send emails from the yahoo account from his phone just fine but has not be able to receive ANY mail. he's spoken to cingular reps today already and did the whole service books deal. that worked where he got the email notification on his account being activated but still, no emails are going into his blackberry. Can someone help with this issue? are there any settings he needs to play with/enable for the yahoo account on a desktop first? Thanks for your help...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Cinguar 8100 problem with Yahoo mail

JTesnani, did he do a battery pull reset after receiving the new service books (take out battery with BB on, wait at least 30 seconds, then reinsert battery)?

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

ljbyar thanks for your quick reply...yes he has already done the reset...

mikebbpearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey,

Search for my Gmail thread and see if any of that might help...
    Titled:
    Gmail Java error w/ Cingular (setup issue)

rosiemcse no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I have this problem in reverse! I get Yahoo mail on my bb handheld - but NOT in my normal Yahoo mail account (I paid for Yahoo mail plus or whatever it's called) How can I get my normal email back to my normal Yahoo account?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Are you accessing your Yahoo mail through the website, or do you download it into Outlook or another POP3 reader? If you are downloading it to a POP3 reader, sometimes they will not "see" those new messages because Yahoo marks them as "read" at the site once you read them on your BB.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID

I download it via IE - now what do I do?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Not sure at this point. I never upgraded my Yahoo account to the plus service, so I don't know what difference it makes to the website interface. You aren't downloading to a reader, so it sounds like the email should be on the website when you log in. Someone with a Yahoo Plus account will hopefully come along behind me with an idea.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

RedVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is he set to forward messages to device in BIS?

You can create email message filters to specify which incoming email messages are forwarded from your email account to your BlackBerry® device. These email message filters also determine how email messages are forwarded to your device (for example, high importance or header only). You can specify criteria for your email message filters based on who sent the email message, how you were addressed, and what level of importance the sender assigned to the email message.
    If none of the email message filters that you create apply to an incoming email message, the BlackBerry Internet Service applies a default email filter to the email message. You can specify whether you want this default email message filter to forward all email messages to your BlackBerry device or not.
    You cannot create or change email message filters from your BlackBerry device. To create or change email message filters, you must log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site using a browser on your computer.
    Note: If you have added more than one email address to the BlackBerry Internet Service, email message filters that you create for one email address are not applied to another email address.

bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    Last edited by RedVR6; 08-29-2007 at 02:08 PM.

PIN/ID

Thanks for this - I'm currently on hold to Etisalat to see if they can help - but I've noe been on hold for 45 minutes ..........................