Hello everyone, this morning I grabbed my phone to leave for work, and I noticed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Chrome Side Piece is Loose....HELP!!!!

Advertisement

Hello everyone, this morning I grabbed my phone to leave for work, and I noticed that one of the chrome pieces on the side of my Pearl is loose.........How can I fix this, its not crazy loose, but its still annoying!! Does someone know how I can fix this???

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Chrome Side Piece is Loose....HELP!!!!

The plastic side rails snap connect to the main body, and then are secured by four screws. Two of them you can see at the bottom of the BB when you remove the battery cover. The other two are higher up under the upper back cover.

See if you can snap the loose piece back in (I'm thinking "no" since you posted). If necessary, you can find links on this site to disassemble the Pearl, and even how to order new side rails. Best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    The plastic side rails snap connect to the main body, and then are secured by four screws. Two of them you can see at the bottom of the BB when you remove the battery cover. The other two are higher up under the upper back cover.

See if you can snap the loose piece back in (I'm thinking "no" since you posted). If necessary, you can find links on this site to disassemble the Pearl, and even how to order new side rails. Best to you.
    Okay kool........thanks ma0

I appreciate it, its not bad enough where I have to result to extreme measures!! but Its just a little annoying, it feels weird, but thanks again!!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

I seen it to if your side rail get bent out of place it does it to

Youngblood no está en línea Stack level 2

I dropped my Pearl last night and one of the side rails popped out and the clip broke. Do I have to take out both screws (top and both of that side) to get the rail out and also where can I order a new side rail. I did a search on the forum for side rails to order but came up with nothing.

Thank You
    YB

I found out the screws must be taken out but still can't find out where to buy the rails.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 01-26-2008 at 10:15 PM.

kladner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30288E5A

Try cnn.cn. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

That site has the lowest price I was able to find in searching a few sites. Most of them were priced at $29.99. cnn.cn had them priced at $4.99 and had a tutorial video showing how to take it apart and repair. Has anyone ever Bought anything from this site? The difference between the prices throws up some flags for me. If you do decide to buy from this site let us know of your experience and quality of product.

Quote Originally Posted by Vealy View Post
    That site has the lowest price I was able to find in searching a few sites. Most of them were priced at $29.99. cnn.cn had them priced at $4.99 and had a tutorial video showing how to take it apart and repair. Has anyone ever Bought anything from this site? The difference between the prices throws up some flags for me. If you do decide to buy from this site let us know of your experience and quality of product.

I just ordered my side rails from cnn.cn. I will let you know how the service is.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow I posted this a while back lol....well my side rail is still kinda loose, but its almost like it comes and goes......but I love my phone so much I'm scared to take it apart

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

lol its not bad at all taking your phone apart you only need to remove two screws in your case

okay kool........thanks jeffallen8

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I just ordered my side rails from cnn.cn. I will let you know how the service is.
    I just got my side rails and they fit great. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Hey....I may do the same!!! still have that annoying loose rail