Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all, I'm new to the blackberrys and I currently own a Pearl. I was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

strain15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Chinese Input Support

Advertisement

Hello all, I'm new to the blackberrys and I currently own a Pearl. I was wondering if it was possible to use chinese font as an input and also read chinese text messages. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    strain15, Welcome to PinStack.

Not sure about this, but I don't think the TMO OS has multi-language support. And I don't know if the Versions that do, have chinese yet. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I'm using TMO but I've changed my blackberry OS to the one for Hong Kong CSL. I've managed to install the simplified chinese and font support. However I can't change my language to chinese or have that option to do so. Wonder where was the chinese fonts installed.

Package Version: 4.2.0.75
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.0.64
    • Software Platform: 2.2.0.37
    • File name: 8100C_PBr4.2.0_rel75_PL2.2.0.37_A4.2.0.64_CSL.exe

Seems like its the latest OS though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

netron no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try to use Alt+Enter first!

The CSL OS should work for that, you may also check if you can get some Chinese web pages displayed or not; if you can see Chinese, you should be able to input.

Ping me if you still get any troubles.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    I have an 8703e from Sprint and I have can read Chinese writing but I dont have Chinese in my languages. I actually put my locked screen in Chinese, confuses people!

I tried the ALT + ENTER

However I only have 2 options. English UK and English US. Do I need to get the desktop manager from CSL too? Cos their version of DM is only 4.1. I don't have a data plan yet, so I can't view any chinese webpages. Please assist me on this. Thank you.

When I install chinese font and support, I get this list on the completecing application loader wizard:

Applications to be installed or updated:
    BlackBerry Simplified Chinese Characters and Font Support
    BlackBerry 4.2 Core Applications
    BlackBerry Crypto 1 Library
    BlackBerry Crypto Applications API Library
    BlackBerry Traditional Chinese Characters and Font Support
    Chinese Default Resource
    Password Keeper

Applications to be erased:
    BlackBerry API Library
    Chinese Input Method Core

Why is it erasing the chinese input method core?

Is this why I cant input chinese on my BB8100?

masteryeoda no está en línea Stack level 2
    hmm im trying to get chinese text support too. why is the file an exe file? is there an alx file i can use?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Because it needs to be executed to extract all the files in the selfextracting compressed file. It is the install file for the OS, so that Desktop manager can read it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

qiuyued no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Chinese Input Support

This site tells you pretty much everything you need to know to install East Asia fonts.

blackberryforums.com/rim-software/1871-blackberryos-4-x-download-faq-upgrade-downloads.html

You should download the HK CSL East Asia version for your BB model. Then installed the handheld softwere. The instruction is not very intuitive.

lyhb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did anyone have an answer to strain15's issue? I am having the same too. A bit desperate after half a day of trying with no solution...

Thanks.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lyhb View Post
    Did anyone have an answer to strain15's issue? I am having the same too. A bit desperate after half a day of trying with no solution...

Thanks.
    For 8100, you can read but not input chinese. I heard HK CSL's 8100 has both enabled, but loading their OS into my 8100 only enable reading, still no input.

For newer 8110 and 8120, both reading and inputing are working fine.

lyhb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply, penpower.

I should have been a bit more clear on my question. After installing the HK CSL's 8100 OS (8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel179_PL2.3.0.85_A4.2.1.108_CSL) on my 8100, I do not see Chinese listed under Settings->Option->Language, both Language and Input Language. But strangely I see "Chinese Simplified" under Voice Dialing Language.

Earlier on, I tried the BB AT&T (my carrirer) download, 8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel154_PL2.3.0.78_A4.2.1.96_AT&T, which is supposed for Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Well, the same result.

Thankfully my phone still works, but I'm scratching my head now for a solution I really need...

unquick no está en línea Stack level 1
    i don't think blackberry is going to support chinese input..ever... that's why i m trying to get rid of it and switching to an Iphone...they already have chinese and many language inputs as default...it only takes them a year to do it. at this rate, soon there will be plenty of software on iphone. GG RIM.

p00rcoll3geboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2474A786
    What do you mean? I had the Hong Kong CSL 4.2 OS on my Curve and also had it on my Pearl before, both allowed for me to write in Chinese (Pin Yin method, as well as many other methods). When you do the upgrade, all you have to do is check the boxes that says, "Chinese Input Support" or something like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast