For some reason I checked my Custom Word List and I was surprised to find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Check your Custom Word List for accuracy.

Advertisement

For some reason I checked my Custom Word List and I was surprised to find that about 1/10th of it contained garbage. I know it learns from us but it also seems to learn words from your emails.

There were misspelled words, partial words and garbage words (ie.. erection, etc...) that it must have learned from spam emails as I never typed anything like that.

So check your CWL and see what yours contains. You may be surprised.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Check your Custom Word List for accuracy.

thanks rkkeller,

I noticed the same thing not long ago and spent some time deleting. Very annoying if u ask me.

Now i'm doing it 1x a week it seems.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Sometimes these phones are a little to "smart" and pick up things that we dont want.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Holy cow!! just checked mine, tons of garbage. Guess I will have to add clearing that list to my schedule of tasks.

HaroldC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8C63E

The reason for all the junk is that everytime you type in something and it's not in the standard word-list, once you press "space" it automatically adds it to the custom word list.

This is a major problem, as the suretype will choose that word instead of bringing up the correct word. I'm now torn whether to return to the 8700 instead, because I am now finding that I am checking every time I enter a word now. And the process is quite time consuming.

StacyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by williamlc21
    Sometimes these phones are a little to "smart" and pick up things that we dont want.
    LOL just like my KIDS!

But yeah, thanks for the reminder, I love suretype and that list in general but it can get a bit carried away. Got it cleaned back out now...

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Now we know and the quick fix is just to delete the entire list every now and then. Else spend a few minutes going through it once in a while.

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone know if there's a way to select a number of "wrong" words at the same time to delete? I've only been able to go through one by one, and that is time consuming.