I purchased the charging pod for my Pearl so that I could keep it on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Deni831 no está en línea Stack level 1

Charging Pod

Advertisement

I purchased the charging pod for my Pearl so that I could keep it on my desk at work, charging it during the day instead of night. Will it hurt by BB to keep it on the pod all day even if it is fully charged?

Thanks!
    Denise

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't believe so. from what I've read, and someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.
    the Li battery that is in your phone likes to be charged. it actually hurts the battery to be run down close to dead.

like I said I could be wrong.
    If that is true though, I don't know if there is a way to overcharge a battery that likes to be charged.

anyone else?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Lithium Ion batteries are not supposed to create "Battery Memory" which is what normal NICAD batteries had issues with where if you over charged them basically the battery remembered the charging pattern and would rely on you to charge them the same way all the time so for example if you left your phone on the charger you basically had to do that all the time with NICAD batteries. However the one thing you have to be careful with regarding the Lithium Ion Batteries is how initally you charged it and for the first couple days, did you charge it for at least 8-10 hrs initally and did you DRAIN it totally and then re-charge it. That is the best thing to do with Lithium Ion Batteries.

Deni831 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for the responses. I did charge 8 or so hours the first day, but I did not drain it totally ever. I've only had this since Tues. nite. Is this something that I should still do?
    Denise

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Normally it is good to for the first charge charge it 8-10 hrs and then let it drain totally for the next two charging sessions. The thing is you have to do this when you first get the battery. That is why ppl with lithium ion batteries have issues with the battery not charging correctly! After the first two charges it doesn't matter how often you charge the batteries (with lithium ion batteries)
    The main thing is correctly charging the battery the first couple times!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~