I love charging my phone via usb but I have noticed that if I dont ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

Charging Issue

Advertisement

I love charging my phone via usb but I have noticed that if I dont have the bb software installed on the computer I am trying to charge off of I get the message "usb current is not sufficient to charge". Is there any way to fix this, I never had a problem like this with any of my windows mobile devices. HELP!!

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Charging Issue

Its not the software that charges your phone. Its the current. Im not sure what to tell you the problem is. There could be a number of issues causing it not to charge properly through usb. 1) bad cable 2) issue with hardware( could be phone or computer usb port) those are top of my head. But the message you get 'usb current is not sufficient to charge' thats a totally new message that i have ever seen. Maybe first narrow issues. using a different cable. if you dont have one take back to carrier store and tell them the problem and have there tech plug it in to see what they get. I hope this helps to start.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

If the other computer is older and using USB 1.0 instead of USB 2.0, then you will have this issue. The PC's USB must be 2.0 in order to charge your BB correctly.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I am using 2 different computers, at differnet times, when I charge my BB. One of them is USB 1.0 and the other is 2.0. Still charges sufficiently. Are you charging using a laptop or a PC? Is/are the computer(s) in hybernation mode? How low is your battery when you start charging?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You must have the DM (Desktop Manager) software installed to PC in order to charge via USB. Simple as that and no other way around it.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    You must have the DM (Desktop Manager) software installed to PC in order to charge via USB. Simple as that and no other way around it.
    Nuff said!!!!! The only time that I got that message was when I had already run my phone down to near dead or when my laptop went into hybernate mode.

BTW, Lavagirl is my hero!!!!!
    Last edited by firegeek; 03-04-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: forgot to shower with praise
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks for the all the responses look like i found the best answer for me. On the blackberry website you can download a 11mb file that is just a usb driver. This file allows the computer to charge the blackberry without the dm software installed. I am dissapointed in RIM looks like another feature that windows mobile has that blackberry doesn't.