Well I used the "trackball assembly/disassembly" thread on here to take my tracker ball out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kertef no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Changing the light color of your keypad?

Advertisement

Well I used the "trackball assembly/disassembly" thread on here to take my tracker ball out to check out how it was lit up, and using a blue sharpie I dabbed the led with some color and put everything back together. This worked perfectly, and for those of you out there who have the 8130! not the 8100 that can can simply use software like "pimp my pearl" and "color pearl" to accomplish this task this might be something you would like to try.

Anyways onto my question, how easy is it to remove the key pad on the pearl, and has anyone on here done it before. If anyone has does it use the same type of circuit led's that the tracker ball uses?

If there is anyone who has taken their keypad off or is willing to do so and take pictures of the step by step I would love to see how it is done.

I think it would be cool to change the key pad lighting to a different color to match the tracker ball

citydcstar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243FC386

Re: Changing the light color of your keypad?

Why can't there be something to change the trackball lighting, like you can do with the pearl ?

kertef no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Changing the light color of your keypad?

Well the 8130 is pretty much the same as the pearl is just a newer version with a few changes. The reason you cant change the trackball lighting with software on the 8130 is because there is only one single color led (white) led inside as with the 8100 I think there is either 3 or 4 which you can turn on and off allowing the changing of the color (correct me if i'm wrong)