i think my phone changes texting modes on its own. i dont know the hotkeys ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xcdeeds no está en línea Stack level 1

changing texting modes...

Advertisement

i think my phone changes texting modes on its own. i dont know the hotkeys to change the modes, anyone care to fill me in?

(i.e. right now my phone is typing in all caps, i cant turn it off; the other day it was typing in the mode where you type a letter and then use the trackball to select the letter q or w, e or r, t or y, etc... but then it switched to selecting the letter by the number of times you clicked the key, 1 click for q, 2 clicks for w, 1 click for e, 2 clicks for r, 1 click for t, 2 clicks for y, etc)

any help would be appreciated, seems the learning curve on this thing is a little tricky

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: changing texting modes...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    On the textin mode when you hit menu you can choose either "unable multi tab" which is the one you were talking about that you have to hit the number of times to get that letter or you could choose "unable suretype" this is the one that you hit ones and it gives you the the option of which letter you want to chose. Also try a battery pull to stop it from changing by it self.

Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-23-2007 at 08:20 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

xcdeeds - welcome to pinstack
    here is a cut/paste for typing off of here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rl_8100_a.html

Typing Shortcuts

The following shortcuts can be used when typing text in an application:
    • To type the alternate character on a key, hold the Alt key and press the character key.
    • To type an accented or special character, hold the letter key and roll the trackball left or right. Click a selected character.
    • To type a symbol, press the Symbol key. To view more symbols, press the Symbol key again. Type the letter that appears below the symbol to enter the corresponding symbol.
    • To insert a period, press the Space key twice. The next letter is capitalized.
    • To capitalize a letter, hold the letter key until the capitalized letter appears.
    • To turn on NUM lock, hold the Shift key and press the Alt key.
    • To turn off NUM lock, press the Alt key.
    • To insert an at sign ( @ ) or a period ( . ) in an email address field, press the Space key.
    • To type a number in a number field, press a number key. You do not need to press the Alt key.
    • To type a number in a password field, hold the Alt key and press the number key.
    • To type a letter in a number field, hold the Alt key and use the multi-tap input method to enter the letter.
    • To switch typing input languages, hold the Alt key and press the Enter key. Select a language, then release the Alt key. Note: To allow this functionality, on the Language screen, verify that the Use Input Method Shortcut field is set to Yes.
    • To select a line of text, press the Shift key and roll the trackball.
    • To select text character by character, hold the Shift key and roll the trackball left or right.
    • To cancel a text selection, press the Escape key.
    • To cut selected text, hold the Shift key and press the Delete key.
    • To copy selected text, press the Alt key and click the trackball.
    • To paste your cut or copied text, press the Shift key and click the trackball.
    to switch between suretype and multitap
    1. In the device options, click Language.
    2. Perform one of the following actions:
    •To use the multi-tap input method, set the Input Language field to <Language> Multitap.
    To use the SureTypeŽ input method, set the Input Language field to <Language>.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Save.

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Welcome to stacks!

youngva804 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FE30AB

Also just hold the star key for about 3 sec

Joebanana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204fae23

Quote Originally Posted by youngva804
    Also just hold the star key for about 3 sec
    I used to love that shortcut [hold the star key for 3 sec], the ABC would appear in the top right corner.
    But after I upgraded my OS, it no longer works
    JoeBanana
    GW BES Admin/BIS Support
    Trinidad