Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm having the same problem with changing sms tone, but i cant seem to find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jokoootie33 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Changing message alert tone on Pearl.

Advertisement

I'm having the same problem with changing sms tone, but i cant seem to find where to go to... Kinda odd, but i can't. Any help?

SabySue no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Changing message alert tone on Pearl.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! There I was....a lost little lamb....playing with my new pearl...not knowing exactly how to change the message alerts....and upon a fast little search...HERE YOU ARE..AND THE ANSWERS!! I love you guys!!
    I knew there had to be a simple way....but this is my first BB....so there is definitely a learning curve....but the more I learn...the WAYYYY more I love it!
    I've found that for just about anywhere I am in the phone....if I am interested in changing something for that particular screen....the menu button is more often than not the way to do so.
    And please read the small booklet that should have come with it...on the "shortcuts". They are good to know, too!
    FUUUUNNNN!

SabySue no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Changing message alert tone on Pearl.

Hey jokoootie33: Go to the speaker icon and open it. Then scroll down to the Advanced and open it. (You can use the bottom Return Arrow key to open items, as well as the scroll button, BTW). Now scroll to whichever profile volume you want to mess with. Say...the Loud one. NOW...click the MENU button and scroll to and open the Edit option. Now you can scroll down to your SMS Text section...and either just open it or use the menu button to open the edit option. Either way works. Then just go thru each item in there to adjust as you like! You just open the current tone it is using, and it will open the library of other tones for you to pick from! When done editing in your SMS field, clik the return arrow button to leave and it will ask you if you want to save or discard....clik on save..and you have it! You can change all the settings in the list where you found the SMS Text option. Hope that helps! HAVE FUN WITH IT!!

rustyp no está en línea Stack level 1

If you want to assign a particular ring tone to a person when they send you a SMS text message, go to Profiles, Advanced, and create a new Profile. You will use it only for one person or group (you can also add multiple people, but they all get the same one). Change the SMS and Phone to the desired tones. Save it, but don't make that profile active. Now, in the Profiles menue still, create a new exception and in there, tell it what profile to use and unselect the Custom Phone Tune option (you already set it in the profile-if you do, it will override the one from the profile. If you already have an exception for the person, such as "Calls From Dave", unselect or delete it.

For instance, I created a profile named Karen and changed the SMS and Phone tones to different ones.

Then, I created an exception named Karen and assigned it to use the Profile Karen. I unselected the Custom Phone Tune.

Then, I deleted the Calls From Karen exception (it was made from the custom ring tone in the contact list).

For some reason, the MMS messages won't work this way - I don't know why - but if you do, let me know!

Good Luck!

bobloomfield no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks guys for the excellent work u are doing it really helped me out

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i cant find the profile

Gerg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks SabySue, I didn't think it would be that hard but your idiot proof guide really helped me. Thanks!

gabbyberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank u!! You guys have no idea how helpful u are!

Tahnee123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question help??

hi i just made a new profile and made a new exception as told by people on here. iv done everything but cant seem to assign one person to that profile?
    can any1 help.
    xxxx

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Open the Profiles, scroll down to Advanced and open Scroll to the exceptions area and select the one you want to add a name to, use the menu button and scroll to edit. Scroll to the From: area, from the menu select Add name. Scroll to the person you want to add and select it. Repeat the last two steps to add more. Once all added, be sure to save out.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12